Infrared Gear Infrared

Bill Allsopp

Rookie
Name
Bill Allsopp
Infrared photography is an area I have wanted to get into for some time. Now it is happening and I love it. I bought a Fuji X-E1 and had it converted by Advanced Camera Services in Norfolk with an 830 nm filter. It was a cracking job and the results just make me want to go out again and again.

Here are some sample images, there are more at www.billallsopp.com my dedicated IR and Mono website and if anyone has questions shout out; I will answer if I can.

billa20160831031.jpg

billa20160910022-Panoedit.jpg

billa20160913022.jpg

billa20160914003.jpg

billa20160918007.jpg

I will be honest, I normally am not a fan of infrared shots at all but a few of these are so beautiful, I just had to tell you. The one with the trees by the water bank/river is my favorite. It is almost eerie and Goth like yet has a wonderful fairy tale undertone. I've personally never worked with IR shooting so I am no expert, but these are wonderful.

Infrared photography is an area I have wanted to get into for some time. Now it is happening and I love it. I bought a Fuji X-E1 and had it converted by Advanced Camera Services in Norfolk with an 830 nm filter. It was a cracking job and the results just make me want to go out again and again.

Here are some sample images, there are more at www.billallsopp.com my dedicated IR and Mono website and if anyone has questions shout out; I will answer if I can.

View attachment 8798

View attachment 8799

View attachment 8800

View attachment 8801

View attachment 8802

These are good. May I ask if you are using a standard infrared filter? Of one the type that allows some color through (all the way up to full spectrum)?

These are good. May I ask if you are using a standard infrared filter? Of one the type that allows some color through (all the way up to full spectrum)?
I am sorry to be a long while replying ksocha. I have just moved house and am without internet a lot of the time. These were not taken using a screw on IR filter but a camera converted to include an 830nm filter.

Back