Instagram anyone

AzPete

Veteran
Hey all, anyone here on Instagram. It is a real easy way to share photos, fast, and they have some really great photographers using this app. Problem is I believe the app is only for iphone junkies. My thought was I would hook up with my fellow peeps if they were on instagram. I know, all we need is another photo sharing thing. But to me this is fast and fun and done entirely from your phone. My name on instagram is Pwill442, whats your?
Instagram

Thanks kids,
Pete

Pete, I'll try it ...
My name is gxrshooter.. Someone stole streetshooter...
Not a good idea....
So how do I search a genre'?

Hey Don, I don't believe you can choose a particular genre. It seems to be one giant pot of photos floating around.
btw I would not want to be the guy who stole your streetshooter name....pit the fool.

Pete

It's good to have only one name, Travis. I have too many!:D

Long ago I chose many names online and always they were aliases of some sort, then one day I decided that my username would be travisennis online. I just put my real name on everything. I've been lucky to get that name for Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.

Reviving an old thread. Has anyone started using Instagram? I am eponymously named johnmichaelflores. What's yours?

Some pics:

8816472571_bc2065258e_z.jpg

Instagram photo by john m flores, on Flickr

8827061478_604f8cc4a4_z.jpg

8827061566_be87001360_z.jpg

8816473095_dcce69e945_z.jpg

8827061790_4784140b05_z.jpg

8827062112_e3a1e15dfa_z.jpg

8816473475_62c1e3e30d_z.jpg

8827063070_8c2a3b9086_z.jpg

8816473725_a72c971f4e_z.jpg

8827062668_11ccd5f37f_z.jpg

nice work John. I love the idea of Instagram and most of the execution that I see, but I don't have any of the necessary ingredients to be on Instagram. I wish there were a version of Instagram that could involve using a PC and a traditional camera, but that may defeat the idea.

nice work John. I love the idea of Instagram and most of the execution that I see, but I don't have any of the necessary ingredients to be on Instagram. I wish there were a version of Instagram that could involve using a PC and a traditional camera, but that may defeat the idea.

No smartphone, Luke? Then you should get the Nokia Lumia 928 with the F2.0 Carl Zeiss lens and 8mp sensor. I hear an Intagram app is on its way...

Nokia Lumia 928 for Verizon Review - IGN

my wife and I went to look at some smartphones because the I can no longer get a battery for my old dumbphone (it's THAT old) and while I like idea of a camera in my pocket that can make telephone calls, I ain't paying any more for phone service. I hardly ever use the phone to start with so I feel like $40 a month is a rip-off....there's no way I want to bump that up another $40 or $50 to add data on that plan. I spend a lot on cameras because I love cameras, not because I love spending money.

Is there a way to have a smartphone without a contract and just use it in wi-fi hotspots or on my home network? Basically a smartphone without the phone part?

my wife and I went to look at some smartphones because the I can no longer get a battery for my old dumbphone (it's THAT old) and while I like idea of a camera in my pocket that can make telephone calls, I ain't paying any more for phone service. I hardly ever use the phone to start with so I feel like $40 a month is a rip-off....there's no way I want to bump that up another $40 or $50 to add data on that plan. I spend a lot on cameras because I love cameras, not because I love spending money.

Is there a way to have a smartphone without a contract and just use it in wi-fi hotspots or on my home network? Basically a smartphone without the phone part?

iPod Touch may work.

My brother does that with a Samsung Galaxy Player 5, he uses Google Voice for calls.

I use a dumbphone from Tracfone, no camera to speak of but due to my avoidance of social situations I average about $10/mo for service... lol

I use my iPhone 4S with an annual prepaid thing (it ends up costing me around $120 a year) I have what I consider to be an excellent deal, hardly ever make any calls so the 100 minutes I get with it is more than enough. I buy $10 worth of data (only 200MB but enough for me) out of my credit (Telstra lets you do that) every month and use it mainly for iMessage, email and very occasional uploading of photographs to facebook. I suppose I could do Instagram... but have never seriously looked at it... seemed to be seething with teen females and hello kitty when I last looked. Perhaps I should look again.

[edit] and done. following you, John, and I'm kyte50 first shot is a bit tedious, not posting here (unless, of course, I can work out how to.)

Also, discovering which apps are instagram aware is good too. So far, Hipstamatic, Snapseed and AlienSkin's AltPhoto are good for sharing to instagram. Still looking.

Back