Leica Introduce Yourself...

Hi, all. I recently got the D-Lux Type 109 and was so impressed with it that I made the mistake of reading about some of the other Leicas. Last week, my brand new X Vario arrived. The internet is indeed a dangerous place. Here's a selfie I took on Day 1 with the new X Vario. I'm sure I'll learn a lot by reading your posts and looking at your shots.
Amy
View attachment 4146

Really unusual. Unusual is good.

Hello Brian. I'm a camera floosey and shoot with a wide variety of gear. Classic film cameras: 35mm and 120, VF, RF, SLR, TLR. No Leica digital, just Fuji XM1 and XE2 with 27 and 16-50 Fuji lenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brian, no sorry I don't. I try different gear by trading existing gear, and they're gone. As is a Zeiss Sonnar 50f2 in J8 body that you put together for me. That went with a Leica CL to acquire a Linhof 2x3 Technika Press camera.

135 RF cameras: M2, CL, CLE, llla, HRF
lenses for above: Leitz 50 Summicron collapsible, 50 Summicron rigid, 50f3.5 Elmar, 90 Elmar, 135 Hector, CV: 21, 40, Canon 28f3.5 chrome, 28f3.5 black, 35f2, 50f1.8, FED 50f3.5

recent cameras: Contax RTSlll with Zeiss 50f1.7, Hasselblad SWC/M

IMG_4276.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand about the trades. I sold off a fair bit of stuff for the M9, and did several Sonnar conversions for the M9 and M Monochrom. at last count, i was down to thirty or so 50mm Sonnar formula lenses...

Brian, you are the Sonnar lens shimming guru! I'm happy to have discovered you again.
Is it the M9 that has sensor corrosion issues? I'm out of the loop of Leica digital. They are above my pay grade, especially now that I'm retired and pensioned.

The S8612 cover glass has a coating that prevents corrosion: if that coating is damaged, the glass corrodes. Neither my M9 nor M Monochrom shows a problem; if they do- Leica replaces the sensor with one that uses BG-55 glass. The S8612 is more efficient, so as long as the sensor shows no corrosion, best to keep it.

FrankS, that darkroom is amazing, I lost mine when we moved into an old folks home, lol 55 and older. I keep my film stuff just in case one day I get the Tri-X out of the freezer.

Thanks James. If you aren't using film gear, I hope you are continuing your photography with digital media. Whatever works for your situation. If you want to revisit film photography, then I hope you have the opportunity.

Hello! My name is Lloyd and I presently reside in Toronto, Canada. I have been enjoying Amin's Mu-43 forum and thought I would see how things are at LeicaPlace.

I usually shoot with my LX100 (D-Lux type 109) and have owned three other Lumix cameras, viz. LX2, LX5 (still have it) and LX7. My other camera is a silver M240 (+50mm Summicron f2).

R0002601.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks to Raid, I've found this place. Hello to Brian S.! :)

Exactly my story too! :)

I'm Alexander, husband of a great wife (who even once in a while gives me a fine lens as a birthday present!), and father of (so far) four. And … I have a tomcat. And … I live in an ancient town in the Austrian Alps. And… hm, I presume that means: If I'm posting pictures, you can guess, they won't be incredibly interesting ;)

Back