Leica Introduce Yourself...

I
Ah, but what's mundane for you can be novel for the rest of us!

What a great class. Either you're headed for a bike ride in that shot, or teaching there is a contact-sport! Wait, I see harnesses - ropes course?
it was a the last day of 2016 we went up to the mountain for rope courses. It was a fun trip.

these are my kids--my students

Reminded me of my Aunt, a school teacher whose students were her kids, too. A smart, wonderful lady. Her "kids" were teenagers. Many kept in touch and remained close even after she retired. Willing to bet you'll have that to look forward to as well. :)

Ah, but what's mundane for you can be novel for the rest of us!

Dear Carl, I guess you’re right — the town where I live is not mundane, at least not in the sense of «worldly», particularly since this area was already during the Iron Age Hallstatt culture/La Tène era a spiritual place (namely, Celtic worship took place exactly where our 16th century house is!), and then again since the 9th century until 1803 it was governed by the Salzburg Prince-Archbishops, who made this town a major place of many religious orders and their education, and so on :)

Hi, My names is James and I am from Scotland but living in Denmark/Greenland for last 18 years. I just picked up my first Leica last week, a M9 with a Zeiss 35mm f2.8 but I have used Nikon RangeFinders in the past. I have only taken 2-3 shots as the weather has been bad but so far I love the camera. I am looking forward to learning a lot from this forum.

James- welcome aboard! The M9 is a great camera.

Do you still have the Nikon RF's and lenses? Amedeo makes a very good adapter for S-Mount and Contax mount lenses for use on the Leica.

First pic I did with the M9

Attachments

• Leica M9-1.jpg
    Leica M9-1.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 70
Greenland? Living up to its name. :)
Welcome, James. Look forward to great scenery shots. The M9 colors will be superb for that, would love to be able to shoot Greenland or Denmark, but upper Midwest USA must suffice most of the time.

HI, Yes I still have the Nikon RF's so I will have a look for the Amedeo adapter. I bought a few already for L39 and M42 so waiting for them to arrive.
Amedeo makes three types of adapters for using Nikon S-Mount lenses for the Leica.
1) has external bayonet and internal mount, provides RF coupling, and will work with most lenses, but cannot handle the 3.5cm F1.8 and 5cm F1.1.
2) RF coupled mount for internal mount 50mm (5cm) lenses only
3) an uncoupled mount for the 3.5cm F1.8. The mount is slightly shifted to the rear element clears the RF wheel.

On older model on my M8, works with internal and external mount lenses,

21338067009_66eaee854c_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
m8_nikkor5cmF14 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Welcome aboard!

My name is Brian, and it has been 16 hours since I last received a lens in the mail... and less than 15 hours 45 minutes than taking a lens apart...

Awesome Brian! I hacked a nice wartime Contax Sonnar into a Jupiter 8 mount awhile back, thanks to your knowledge!

I think I'll like it over here you guys seem like a tight group! Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

Great Job: That is an Early "T" Sonnar!

Please post some pictures taken with it- will add to the collection of Sonnar lenses posted on the site.

Back