Fuji Introduction

Roefelke

Hi All!
New here.
From Belgium, using X-M1 with XC16-50, XF55-200 and an XF60 Macro. Just bought me the EF-42 flash and having some problems with the setting to use the flash.
Where can I get some help around here for this problem.

Greetings
Rolf

Hi all,

I am a current Nikon user (have been for many years) thinking of migrating to Fuji X-T1.

I am finding that (Due to my age) My Nikon gear is too heavy to lug around.

I am leaning towards a X-T1 + 135mm +FREE Fuji X-T1 Vertical Battery Grip
Is this a good route to be taking to start off with?

Regards to you all

Keith

Welcome Keith. I too came from Nikon to Fuji and have never looked back. I have the setup you are considering and it is very competent and capable - with weather resistance into the bargain.

My only concern is that in weight terms you are not gaining much over Nikon with your choices. There are lighter lenses in the range - not least the exceptional 18-55 - and of course the vertical grip adds weight along with improved handling and longer battery life.

It's your choice, of course but I wouldn't want you to move to Fuji on weight-loss grounds and find that you have no real benefit from the outset...

I certainly don't want to put you off, but equally I don't want you to make a potentially costly mistake. The X-T1 is an exceptional camera that has just got even better but "fully loaded" with grip and substantial lens it tips the scales at close to FF DSLR territory.

Bill Thanks for your concerns, But I have weighted up all the pros and cons and decided to have a close up of the XT1 in question.

I have had a fondle of the XT1 with 18-135 (fell in love with it) in PC World yesterday. I have decided that it is for me. I did not find it too heavy. In fact it is lighter than my Nikon setup!

I shall not be buying from PC World though as a Company I do not like them. I shall go to Norwich and buy from WEX. As i have had previous dealings with them.

Looking forward to owning the Fujifilm X-T1 Camera.

Well the deed has been done I am now officially a XT1 user. Traded my Nikon in at WEX in Norwich got a good deal. XT1 + 18 - 135 lens Plus a free battery grip. I also qualified for the £80 trade in bonus, and to top it all off I also qualify for £75 cash back.

Now I would say that's a good deal!

Just go to charge the Batteries up and have a good play.

Back