Invitation: natural wood

Both are very nice but that first one has a witchy, intriguing thing going on - I think it must be under water? Love the deep saturated colors and waviness!

I wonder if your second might be a beech tree of some kind? Water in any form certainly brings out the beauty of wood - unless of course its on one's hardwood flooring.;)

Great thread and I look forward to it growing over time.:cool:

not underwater BB, but certainly in a very wet wood ... neither is the sharpest, down not to focus but very dim light and thus overly long exposures (IS doesn't rescue everything !) ... must get a Noctilux

Two of the first pictures taken with my then new 45mm, f/2.8 Leica Elmarit m4/3 lens all the way back on 23rd March 2010, about 100 metres from my cottage.

1000124.jpg

Panasonic G1 with 45mm, f/2.8 Elmarit, iso 200, 1/80 sec @ f/4

10001251.jpg

Panasonic G1 with 45mm, f/2.8 Elmarit, iso 200, 1/60 sec @ f/4

Barrie

Beautiful light in that one Traam! Which camera were you using here and did you add the light source?

Dave both you and Pictor/Christian have given us very different views. I am guessing the burn could be from a natural fire source, but Christian yours seems to show the violence that man has inflicted.

Thanks to all for this thread.

Beautiful light in that one Traam! Which camera were you using here and did you add the light source?

This was on the LX5, light source is a stream of sunlight shining through the leaves above. I can't remember exactly what I did but if I recall correctly I emphasised the sunlit area by stopping down while keeping the shutter speed constant, so it looks like a studio shot with a dark background.

I had sort of envisaged that this thread would attract colour images, interesting that it is attracting a surprising amount of b&w ... here's a bit of colour from me though ...

View attachment 32313
E-p2, 17mm pancake, 1/20s, f/3.5, ISO200

Back