Leica Is it still a good idea to get M9 these days?

FWIW, I also use Capture One, and have since I got my M8. They still have a "buy outright" option, although they are now offering a subscription as well.

Capture one is a very good software despite some small functions don't work very well (which is the same with LR). I have never managed to get keystone function working in auto mode. It also doesn't have lens correction file for one of my canon lens (which is a zoom so plenty of distortion...).

Speaking of Canon... I am feeling the impulse to ditch all my non-leica gear for M10.

Hahaha, Brian, I totally understand you. I used to use Nikon Df. Nikon makes great bodies as Canon makes great lens.

I currently use Canon for its video and high quality zoom lens. There are places I find swapping lens difficult. Other than that there is nothing really keeping me from giving it up.

I have feeling that M9 and M240 have something special in them (how they render color). I have obtained many M10 samples including those from a friend. I think M10 is rather modern and in line with other mainstream cameras, lacking that magical charm of M9/M240. I could be wrong.

Back