Ricoh Is my "new" GR used?

bluemachine

Hello,

I ordered a new ricoh gr from a dealer on amazon, and received it a couple of days ago. Under the copyright notice setting it already has someones name (KOGAN). I also noticed that it already had the 3.00 firmware installed, and also had the correct date and time set correctly ( it did not prompt me for them on first start up, as the manual says it should).

Is kogan the default copyright name for the ricoh, and is it normal for it to come with the date and time already set? I wasn't able to find much info online. Thanks in advance.

Best of luck. My money is on it being a customer return - which could mean simply a change of mind, not being the pick of the litter (I know folks who use buy a few of the same camera, test them all send back all but the pick of them), etc. I'm with the others, I'd be seeking a partial refund….of it seems to shoot OK.

The copyright on mine was set to KRockwell and the colors were garishly bright :) Just kidding.

I think you have a repacked camera. I've been seeing a few reports of that lately from Amazon. Different retailers are dealing with the serial returners in different ways I suspect. I think if they'd all charge a 15% restock fee if there is nothing wrong with the camera this nonsense would stop all the way around. I'm not taking Amazon's side, I'm just talking about an issue which I see coming to a head. New should be new, but how much longer can we expect retailers to happily eat a 10 to 20 percent loss in value repeatedly because we like to try things. It's not sustainable.

Back