Pentax Is the Pentax K-5 small enough to be a "Small DSLR Forum" camera?

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 12, 2010
Philly, Pa
I always liked Pentax. They are a real camera company.
I used to carry an H1a as a backup for longer lenses.
It was sooo much smaller & lighter than my Nikon's.

If they don't let you on over here, I'll make a spot for you across the street...
Don

vincechu

Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
yay :biggrin: I've been trying to control myself from posting my k5 images here for quite a while, its great to hear its been 'green-lit'. Hope to post some more k5 photos soon (just did)

Reactions: BBW

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Drum roll for succumbing to GAS with the "a price too good to refuse" reason!:dance3:

Perhaps this is really more of a syndrome than a disease? I'd say this iteration is called GAS: The Godfather Syndrome - AKA "a price that was too good to refuse" syndrome.:p

Looking forward to a big bump in Pentax K-5 photos down the line!

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Jan 11, 2011
Houston, Texas
Jack
The GAS is spreading ...

Drum roll for succumbing to GAS with the "a price too good to refuse" reason!:dance3:

Perhaps this is really more of a syndrome than a disease? I'd say this iteration is called GAS: The Godfather Syndrome - AKA "a price that was too good to refuse" syndrome.:p

Looking forward to a big bump in Pentax K-5 photos down the line!

Amin Sabet

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 3, 2010
Just think of all the money you've saved by buying at a great price.
The way I see it, for this price I can give it a good tryout over a significant period of time and still sell it without much loss :wink:.

I'm sure that it will be too big/heavy to be my primary camera, but as a second camera to keep things "fresh", it has a lot of appeal. Should be here tomorrow, along with a DA 70/2.4 :).

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Jan 11, 2011
Houston, Texas
Jack
The way I see it, for this price I can give it a good tryout over a significant period of time and still sell it without much loss :wink:.

I'm sure that it will be too big/heavy to be my primary camera, but as a second camera to keep things "fresh", it has a lot of appeal. Should be here tomorrow, along with a DA 70/2.4 :).
Nice choice of lens. How did you make your lens decision?

christilou

Legend
Jul 13, 2010
Sunny Frimley
K5 - 35mm 2.8 macro Limited

Having had this camera for the last couple of weeks I've finally taken some pictures I'm really quite happy with:rolleyes: The camera is a solid fellow and I find it's fairly comfortable in my hands. The first lens I ordered, the 40mm Limited pancake, was faulty and I returned it for the above 35mm macro as I thought I'd get more use out of the macro feature. I've spent the last week trying to calibrate this lens without going through all the chart/tripod/measuring palaver and I think I finally have it to where I'm reasonably happy at +2 in the adjustment menu. Only time will tell as I'm a terrible pixel peeper. I spent today just taking random stuff and trying to get a feel for the camera and lens together and here are a few I've processed the way I like them. Not all are razor sharp but they have a feel that I like in a photo and I use the Ricoh and pp in a similar way so they are essentially "me" so to speak:)

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Well, what a difference time makes, eh, Christina?! These look really great to me. So the Pentax K-5 is a keeper after all?

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom