Micro 4/3 Is there a m4/3 lens roadmap for 2011?

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Name
Jack
Anyone come across information on a lens roadmap for 2011 from any manufacturer?

I ended up selling my A55 and keeping the GH2. But decided not to keep the Pany 14-140, because it's so bulky and not better than the Pany 14-45 or Oly 14-42 for stills (IMO). Now I'm deciding whether or not to hold off and wait for a faster standard zoom, assuming there's even one coming out anytime this year. If there isn't one, I'll probably end up getting the Oly 14-150.

I'm looking Armando. Right now I have the Olympus roadmap for lenses, thanks to this thread on Mu43: New Olympus roadmap in which the original source was from 4/3 Rumors: Olympus will go Pro within the First Half of 2011.
olym43rodmapaa.jpg

More on the Olympus front courtesy of 1001 Noisy Cameras: Olympus PEN Pro (M43rds pro camera) coming in 2-3 years (interview with Megapixel
Megapixel is back with another exciting interview and presentation summary during last week's Olympus press conference that launched their three new P&S cameras. The article includes plenty of slide-shows from the presentation, followed by a text interview!...
Here is a direct link: March 2011: Interview with Olympus
Recently Olympus introduced three new compact cameras. During a press conference held in Tel Aviv a day before the launch the MegaPixel team was able to conduct an interview with Mr. Dominic Papenheim from Olympus Europe about the company's 2011 lineup as well as future plans....

I'll keep looking and hope other members will help out, as well.

So the road map is not official then? No mention of a fast standard zoom. If Oly can make something similar to the the 14-54/2.8-3.5 for m4/3, I'd be pretty happy. It'd probably sell like hotcakes too!

No road map (or rumored roadmap) from Pany?

I thought there was a fast zoom coming from Panasonic. Maybe in the range of 14-50mm or so IIRC, but don't know when it was projected to be available. I imagine this year, if I heard about it. You might want to check 43rumors.com.

Back