Feedback Is there a way to change the view of the buy and sell forum?

There isn't; the stock software is either one view or the other for the forum. The buy/sell forum though has minimal activity so the current view makes it easier to see the pics of what is being offered when browsing.

There isn't; the stock software is either one view or the other for the forum. The buy/sell forum though has minimal activity so the current view makes it easier to see the pics of what is being offered when browsing.
Would it have more activity if it were laid out in a more traditional manner? It's weird, it being the only section on the forum with that view.

Would it have more activity if it were laid out in a more traditional manner? It's weird, it being the only section on the forum with that view.
It's an experiment since the buy/sell forum has always had low activity. I've been trying to get more exposure to it by doing stuff like getting the posts 'tweeted' to our community Twitter account (@CameraderieOrg) and by trying to make the posts stand out more by using the 'article' view for the forum so that when somebody is browsing the forum they can see right away what exactly is being sold.

One thing that confuses me every time is the thumbnail-grid for “wanted to buy” posts…
I always think that that’s a banner/ad and that I reached the end of the postings
(that’s in mobile view - not sure how it looks on desktop)

One thing that confuses me every time is the thumbnail-grid for “wanted to buy” posts…
I always think that that’s a banner/ad and that I reached the end of the postings
(that’s in mobile view - not sure how it looks on desktop)
Do you mean the default image that is shown if no attachment is in the post? :hmmm:

1637720649833.png

Yup, that’s the one ☝️
It's just the 'meta' image used when a post has no attachments. For example, if you share a thread to Facebook or Twitter and if it can't find an image to use as the cover then it uses a default image. Same thing for the 'article' view listings, an image is always attempted to be displayed (else it looks really weird with some having images and not others) and if not found it'll use the default.

But ...
I always think that that’s a banner/ad
... this means that you haven't noticed that we haven't had any ads shown on this site for quite some time. :(

It's just the 'meta' image used when a post has no attachments. For example, if you share a thread to Facebook or Twitter and if it can't find an image to use as the cover then it uses a default image. Same thing for the 'article' view listings, an image is always attempted to be displayed (else it looks really weird with some having images and not others) and if not found it'll use the default.

But ...

... this means that you haven't noticed that we haven't had any ads shown on this site for quite some time. :(
No, I think that’s just me being confused :)

The buy&sell looks almost like a different website than the rest of the forum - and on my phone the single photos basically fill the entire screen… So the default image is just a big block…

Don’t put too much weight on my burned out brain :D

Just got pointed to this thread. FWIW, a fair number of forums (not just photo-related) require images either linked to or directly inserted in order to post FS threads.
Most of the posts here do have an image; any that don't are the exception and tend to stand-out. If the buy/sell forum here was to pick up in usage then I can add it to the To Do list about requiring an image to be attached for the new thread to be saved. :)

Back