Fuji it there a Macro button change on the X-E1 after the 2.0 firmware up date?

cherrywood

Veteran
In the manual, it says by pressing the macro button a bar is brought up on the screen and you choose the flower icon, to enable the macro function. Then if you press it again the bar comes up again, then to turn off the macro function, you press the" off" icon. But since the latest up date 2.0 on the XE1 body, when you press the Macro button, a camera icon comes up/with a paddle lock icon, and no bar, and just say's "ON"?

So is this the new change for the macro setting?

How then do you turn off the macro setting?, again.:(

Any help would be welcome. Is this how your XE1's work now on the macro button.? If someone can check their XE1.
thanks Dennis.

That sounds like what happens when "silent mode" is engaged and you try to enable the flash, but I can't reproduce this with macro mode on the X-E1. What lens are you using?

Rico and Jay, I unlocked the silent mode and it still did not work. So I pressed reset on the camera and it reenabled the macro button as it should be. Rico i realized after i unlocked the silent mode and reset the camera that I also had two other things locked, so I guess I should have unlocked those [ as you related above] instead of using "Reset".
Thanks.
PS. Rico I have your book on order as I have heard good things about it.
Dennis

Errr... wow. I didn't even know you can do that! (Hold down Menu key and it locks/unlocks the keypad).

All X-series cameras (X100, X100S, X10, X20, XF1, XQ1, X-S1, X-Pro1, X-E1, X-E2, X-A1, X-M1) have it, and it's definitely mentioned in the owner's manual. Some users find this little feature practical, some don't. Personally, I never use it.

Rico i realized after i unlocked the silent mode and reset the camera that I also had two other things locked, so I guess I should have unlocked those [ as you related above] instead of using "Reset".

Yes, resetting the camera isn't the best course of action to unlock the selector keys. It's much easier and quicker to simply press and hold the OK button again, the same way as you locked the keys. In the X-E2, the lock also comprises the AF-L and AE-L buttons, that was a frequent user request.

All X-series cameras (X100, X100S, X10, X20, XF1, XQ1, X-S1, X-Pro1, X-E1, X-E2, X-A1, X-M1) have it, and it's definitely mentioned in the owner's manual. Some users find this little feature practical, some don't. Personally, I never use it.

No kidding... I've never used this and I can't imagine using it myself but I'm sure somebody out there can't live without it :D

Back