It wa Sunday, it was raining, wife was knitting....

Interesting textures and reflections.

Out of interest, why monochrome + G? I can't see any obvious reason for green filtering. I've seen similar cases where the photographer used one of the filter options and for the life of me I couldn't see why.

Interesting textures and reflections.

Out of interest, why monochrome + G? I can't see any obvious reason for green filtering. I've seen similar cases where the photographer used one of the filter options and for the life of me I couldn't see why.

don't laugh, but it was in error. My eyesight coupled with a very shaky left hand from Parkinsons caused me to mis direct AND misread the menu. Most times it takes me ages to set things up because of the shake, and it can usually only be achieved by using the "F" word as a verb, a noun and an interjection followed by pronoun! in the same sentence. I wanted Mono +R for increased contrast, just to see what it would do.

Of course, many, many times, Long before TOWIE, I'm not young enough now (we used to all go to Sams). I miss Brentwood, good to see your pics :)

don't laugh, but it was in error. My eyesight coupled with a very shaky left hand from Parkinsons caused me to mis direct AND misread the menu. Most times it takes me ages to set things up because of the shake, and it can usually only be achieved by using the "F" word as a verb, a noun and an interjection followed by pronoun! in the same sentence. I wanted Mono +R for increased contrast, just to see what it would do.

No laughing here (other than in appreciation of your aptly described process of verbal sparring, that is). On the contrary, I give you lots of credit for continuing photography despite the difficulties the tremor must create at times. Having seen your photographs before, I'm even more glad you're able to share you work with us here (y)

Same question, really. Why should using a red filter give more contrast in night shots? The usual use of a yellow or red filter is to increase contrast between blue sky and white cloudes, although there can be other reasons.

This is a genuine question because I'm still new to the X-E1, although my film experience goes back to the ark.

Hi Albert....je ne sais pas pourquoi. I break rules to go on a voyage of discovery....to see what happens if I decide to do this or that. It did make a definate difference though, and all seems to have turned out ok.

I am not an intuitive photographer, I constantly look at my settings and just try stuff.

cheers

Looks like the XE-1 delivers the goods, Fuji is doing some really nice production work on their cameras and I am sure we are in for some real treets going forward.

I for one will if funds permit, consider exchanging my X100 for the X100s at the end of the year when prices come down a little.

great shots. nice tones so even though wrong setting worked out well...and yep Essex boy too ( from Harlow ).. used to hit Dukes in Chelmsford sometimes and ToTS in sarfend! .. think i recall hollywooods in romford too... ah those were the days :p

Back