Film It's all so quiet...

ionian

Regular
...but we'll soon change that!

I'm primarily a micro four-thirds shooter, I recognise plenty of names from mu-43, but I've been dabbling with film over the past couple of weeks. I enjoy photographing everything, but portraiture is my passion.

I'm not processing my own film, but I have a local lab that will still process film, both colour and b&w, so it will be an occasional treat for me. My main camera is an Olympus OM20, and I have 28mm, 50mm and 135mm lens. I also recently bought a Zorki 4 rangefinder.

I'm looking forward to sharing some images and enjoying using some wonderful cameras.

Great to have you onboard!

Yes, things are a little slower & quieter in Film Land. It'd be great to get a critical mass of people to have a more regular feed of developed & scanned pictures coming through. I will have to give the forum another a plug over in mu-43's - a few new people have cropped up in the film thread recently.

How're the site analytics @Amin Sabet ? Do you get a good mix of lurkers, joiners, posters & subscribers ?

October and November show more visitors than August and September, so the trends are good, but overall very quiet here.

Welcome!!

Well, on what concerns me, I got a bit carried away with new cameras purchase and now have several rolls mid way but nothing to show... Then I should get like 6 or 7 simultaneously! :)

...but we'll soon change that!

I'm primarily a micro four-thirds shooter, I recognise plenty of names from mu-43, but I've been dabbling with film over the past couple of weeks. I enjoy photographing everything, but portraiture is my passion.

I'm not processing my own film, but I have a local lab that will still process film, both colour and b&w, so it will be an occasional treat for me. My main camera is an Olympus OM20, and I have 28mm, 50mm and 135mm lens. I also recently bought a Zorki 4 rangefinder.

I'm looking forward to sharing some images and enjoying using some wonderful cameras.
Welcome aboard, a little bit more reserved here in the wonderful world of film. I feel sure your contribution will be most welcome. I, recently have gone over to the darkside, purchasing a Sony Mirrorless Camera, an a7Rll and yes, it is technically mind blowing and the results are stunning even in the hands of this 69 year old digital neanderthal with Luddite tendencies but, you know this new technology doesn't cut the mustard like my Rollei 3.5f or Leica M6, however, the Leica glass works well on the new kid on the block. Dive in, and enjoy

Back