Sony It's so good to be back ...

Wolf

Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
In short my story

I used to have a nex 3 which was a very nice camera but the colours and out of camera jpg's often disappointed me, and also the fact that there were only like 3 lenses for nearly 2 years...
I then went to try micro 4/3, which has some good stuff but once the iso gets above 400-640 the grain comes in fast.
I then even tried a few DSLR's but quickly decided that a dslr would be more at home then in my bag, even lugging around with a D7000 + 35mm prime made my wrist hurt after half an hour.

So I decided to buy the nex 5n yesterday (still hard to get) after checking several forums...
and wow, the colours are just so much better then the nex 3 ! Yea the focus is a bit slower then DSLR or 4/3 but who cares when the rest is great ?

I also can't wait to get the sigma 30mm and sony 50mm (i should receive both next week) or the 55-210 (not in stock anywhere though)
I doubted about getting the nex 7 but the price is twice the nex 5n (which almost gets me the lenses stated above)

Oh and who sais the sony nex kit lens isn't sharp ?!

it's good to be back :)

Wolf

Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
Hell yea, but what i wonder.
The pentax k5 and Nikon d7000 have the same sensor
I even tried them with their respective 35mm lenses (which should be waaaaaaaaay better then the sony kit lens)

Well I didn't even get anything close to this out of those cameras ...

The 5N sensor does seem to bring out the best of lenses. I was a bit disappointed with some of my legacy glass when used with a Panasonic GH2 but on the switch to the 5N they all seem noticeably better. Focus peaking possibly improved my focus accuracy a little but that sensor really performs. I've also become very fond of shooting with the tilt-able LCD.

Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
Hell yea, but what i wonder.
The pentax k5 and Nikon d7000 have the same sensor
I even tried them with their respective 35mm lenses (which should be waaaaaaaaay better then the sony kit lens)

Well I didn't even get anything close to this out of those cameras ...
Dont know about the D7000, but you can fine tune up to 20 different lenses for the K-5. I imagine the D7000 would allow that, too...

Wolf

Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
Dont know about the D7000, but you can fine tune up to 20 different lenses for the K-5. I imagine the D7000 would allow that, too...
I'm 100% sure you can get great results with K5 (esp with the ltd lenses)
Same goes for the Nikon

But I'm just amazed that you can get this sharpness with a kit lens.

Also I have the feeling that it's quite a bit easier to achieve nice shots with a Nex (or micro 4/3) then with a DSLR.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom