I've Finally Reached "Zen" Of Gear Inner Peace!

Wow, I go away for a week or so and there's all this drama. RT, there are few of us who haven't been touched by cancer, either directly or indirectly. So know that we can truly empathize and really are thinking about you and you wife. The best to you both.

From 2011 & 2012...

6108210012_2b8b44d3fe_z.jpg
Chemo
by RedTail_Panther, on Flickr

7224745008_a9de157261_z.jpg
Chemo Therapy Stations
by RedTail_Panther, on Flickr

Just went through this with my lovely wife. I'm a 14 year survivor and she's just finished her chemo and moving on to a bit of surgery and followups. She's gone from baby orangutan hair to a nifty little crew cut these past few weeks. At least we had a "family oncologist". Best wishes to you and your wife RT. It's a difficult path but it sure puts things in perspective.

After buying & selling a gazillion times,
I finally understand myself & what I like to do. :)

It's fairy simple and straightforward.

-Nikon Dƒ & primarily really old manual glass with some old AF glass
-Fuji X100 & teleconverter lenses for light walk-around kit.

The AW 1 is purely for summer water park fun!

I hope all of you reach your own "Zen" status. :)

You and me both brother...I have had more cameras than I care to admit over the past few years. I too have come a certain peace with it. For years it was my NEX and adapted lenses but eyesight being what it is as you get older I found the need for AF in my life but I couldn't find a one camera solution that felt right (I did try) so i ended up with my trusty 5n and Minoltas when I want the old school MF thing and an Olympus E-M10 and P14 and 20 when I want the AF thing. It's feeling pretty good.

Back