Leica Jazz and Friends Night Out with the SL and 24-90mm

carlb

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2013
This camera/lens pair works great for low light performance portraiture. No flash needed, would distract performers/audience anyway. Focus is grabbed quickly and assuredly. Zoom range is especially wide-to-long for a Leica lens.

Harvey Diamond, Melissa Stoudt, Tommy Robinson, Michael Gold, and Nathan Norman.
by Carl B, on Flickr

Tommy Robinson.
by Carl B, on Flickr

Tommy Robinson
by Carl B, on Flickr

Melissa listening.
by Carl B, on Flickr

Harvey Diamond.
by Carl B, on Flickr

Harvey Diamond.
by Carl B, on Flickr

Harvey Diamond.
by Carl B, on Flickr

Melissa Stoudt
by Carl B, on Flickr

Melissa Stoudt
by Carl B, on Flickr

Nathan Norman
by Carl B, on Flickr

Michael Gold
by Carl B, on Flickr

carl
by Carl B, on Flickr

Matt
by Carl B, on Flickr

senthil and lisa
by Carl B, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:

chris0202

Regular
Aug 13, 2017
Nice shot! I am thinking of getting m10 and store was offering SL as alternative choice (they mainly sell DMF). I think SL is great performer.

carlb

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2013
Nice shot! I am thinking of getting m10 and store was offering SL as alternative choice (they mainly sell DMF). I think SL is great performer.
SL is superb, but big and very heavy, especially with the 24-90mm. Auto focus is so nice for just grabbing the focus very quickly. Seldom miss the focus for a shot, even in low light.

For as big as it is, I'd still have a tough time going for a smaller-lighter M10. I'd miss the big evf and the autofocus of the SL. And the single-lens range for the 24-90mm too.

Tough choice ... SL is a lot less expensive now. Especially if you buy pre-owned: probably under $5k. That kind of price isn't going to happen to the M10 for at least couple of years.

chris0202

Regular
Aug 13, 2017
SL is superb, but big and very heavy, especially with the 24-90mm. Auto focus is so nice for just grabbing the focus very quickly. Seldom miss the focus for a shot, even in low light.

For as big as it is, I'd still have a tough time going for a smaller-lighter M10. I'd miss the big evf and the autofocus of the SL. And the single-lens range for the 24-90mm too.

Tough choice ... SL is a lot less expensive now. Especially if you buy pre-owned: probably under $5k. That kind of price isn't going to happen to the M10 for at least couple of years.
I feel the same about SL and zoom lens. Zoom and AF has its use under many scenarios.

To date, I think over and over about going for M exclusively as a camera for travel. But it is hard to make up my mind.

Latest threads

Top Bottom