Fuji July 23rd Fuji X Mount Firmware Updates

When using the 18-55 on an X-Pro the OVF (without the hood) is actually very good. Only problem being that you have to long hold on the lever to change the OVF view as you zoom in/out. If the OVF would switch automatically at approx 33mm then this would be ideal. Give it a go and tell me what you think

I guess many would find an auto-switch distracting, as it takes some time to change the OVF magnification. Users might lose a subject they are tracking while zooming in and out.

They are used otherwise (macro, program shift). Only arrow down was free. I asked Fuji to turn that into Fn2 (and to include AF selection as an Fn option). Strangely, they did just that.

Sorry for not being clear. I know there are functions already assigned. But for example, I rarely shoot macro. So as an user, it'd be to my benefit to be able to assign a different function for that particular button. Someone who does not shoot macro may have another function he or she cares to assign to the button. Macro lovers can just keep it "as is." Customizable buttons can only help to make everyone happy.

I'm not engineer or programmer. So perhaps, making customizable function buttons might be harder and more cost inefficient than I thought?

One thing I was wondering; if focus area select can now be moved to the Down/Fn2 or Fn button, what about making the AF button customizable? I realize it's kind of awkward in that it's specifically labeled AF, but it'd be pretty cool to turn one Fn button into three options! :)

Not a big deal though.... honestly even just adding the Down button as Fn2 and making it default to focus area pretty much made my month when it comes to cameras!

Back