Leica Jupiter-3+, Lomography

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
D

dalethorn

Wide-Open on the M9 at Skate and Fun Zone.

Skate and Fun Zone by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

If you've ever been to a skating rink with the Disco Lights on, it is Dark. ISO 2500 for the M9 and ISO 10,000 for the M Monochrom.
Those are good action photos, no. 2 especially. I thought the M9 wasn't supposed to....

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
Thankyou- I find the M9 to be great for these kinds of shots. I use a 1.25x finder on it, have an easier time with an RF in low-light than the Df.

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
I took my M9 and M Monochrom to the re-opened Marine Museum today, each with a J3Plus on them I left the Y2 filter on the M Monochrom, effectively making it the same base ISO as the M9.

This lens is very, very good on the M Monochrom. I optimized the J-3Plus for the M Monochrom by putting one layer of tape on the RF Cam. Deep color filters shift focus towards infinity, the tape is ~0.04mm. I could change the shim, but this would mean re-indexing the aperture ring- tapping out holes for the set screws. The J-3Plus uses the same shims as the original J-3. The tape works as well, and is easily reversed.

This Dauntless Dive Bomber was found at the bottom of Lake Michigan. Fully restored.

Wide-Open,

Marine Museum- Apr2016 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

At F4.

Marine Museum- Apr2016 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

And on the M9,

Marine Museum Apr2016 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Marine Museum Apr2016 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

The SBD Dauntless Dive Bomber is the plane that took out the four Japanese Carriers at Midway, considered to be the turning point of WW-II in the Pacific.

M. Valdemar

Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
New York City
I finally gave in. Resistance is futile.

I got a deal on a like-new Jupiter 3+ on eBay and it will be here this week.

(Also found at flea market this weekend. Minty collapsible 50mm Summicron (non-radioactive) and a 35mm f2.8 Schneider Xenogon)

k fahlman

Regular
Jan 31, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Ken
I finally gave in. Resistance is futile.

I got a deal on a like-new Jupiter 3+ on eBay and it will be here this week.

(Also found at flea market this weekend. Minty collapsible 50mm Summicron (non-radioactive) and a 35mm f2.8 Schneider Xenogon)
Congratulations! I've been so busy I haven't had time to use mine, holidays coming up! :)
cheers/ken.

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
Report back when the J-3+ arrives. I have a minty collapsible Summicron-M with a Yellow filter on the M Monochrom now. I had the J-3+ on it for months, forced myself to swap it out for a bit. Picked up a minty Summitar at a Photorama show this weekend, and a Summar with great glass and no aperture blades. Mix that with a Summar with "typical Summar" glass and fully operational aperture- will be posting soon.

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
Can't believe I've had this lens for over 4 years! I have two, one optimized for the M9 and the second for the M Monochrom with an orange filter. The latter- also perfect on my M8.

The combination of 0.7m close focus and crop factor on the M8 allows some good close-ups.

Extreme back-lighting at a restaurant, back in February- wide-open.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mr_Flibble

Top Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
The Lowlands
Rick
I'm getting a slight sense of chromatic aberration around the focus area, especially in that last photo.
Couldn't say if that's up to par compared to original J-3/Sonnar lenses.

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
L1023634.jpg
L1023641.jpg
L1023650.jpg

Girl Meets Burger.

Things are opening back up in Northern Virginia, we went down to Manassas and Foster's Grill. Outside seating, good distance between tables. Nikki was very happy to get out. The restaurant is happy to have customers back- biggest burger they ever made for us. I got about 1/4th of it, Dad's get to finish food that their Daughters can't.

Leica M8 with the J3+

Latest threads

Top Bottom