Leica Jupiter 8 Question

Rick Waldroup

Veteran
A friend of mine is going to send me a Jupiter 8 50mm f/2 lens. What adapter do I need to get this lens to focus properly on my Epson RD-1? Are adapters made for this where the lens will couple with the rangefinder in my camera? Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Two versions of Jupiter-8 were made, one in screw mount and the other on Contax/Kiev mount.

Assuming this is the one in screw-mount, it will need a LTM to M-Mount adapter, one designed to bring up the 50/75 framelines. The best ones are the Voigtlander/Cosina adapters. Others are much cheaper off of Ebay, but lenses do not always line up as well- a hit and miss prospect.

Adapters: LTM to M

Thank you very much, Brian, for the info. Yes, it is the screw mount and I had been looking at the Voigtlnader adapters but was not sure which one I needed. I am not familiar with screw mount lenses at all. My only experience with rangefinder lenses has been with the M mount.

My friend is getting rid of his rangefinder gear and knew that I had gone back to shooting them and he offered to give me the lens for free. He said it is in good shape and he mailed it yesterday.

Back