Leica Showcase Jupiter 8

Name
Mark Peterson
That will require you to unscrew the barrel from the focus mount; remove retaining ring that the shims sit on- 1 screw. Be sure to Mark the orientation of the ring, I use an arrow. Unscrew the retaining ring, then take out the screw that links the aperture ring to the underlying mechanism. Remove the ring- see two set screws holding the name ring in place. Mark the positions, I scribe a mark in the barrel. Remove the two set screws- the namering unscrews. The front element comes out, as does a spacer and the middle triplet. "Done"

Many thanks, Brian - super helpful!

M. Valdemar

Top Veteran
Last year I bought a lens from Russia and it took almost 6 months to arrive. Now in light of the current conflict, is not the time to be buying from Russian or Ukrainian sellers. It will be a crap game.

I will reserve my opinions on what is going on there and what the USA is doing for a different forum. I believe it is mass insanity.

Last year I bought a lens from Russia and it took almost 6 months to arrive. Now in light of the current conflict, is not the time to be buying from Russian or Ukrainian sellers. It will be a crap game.

I will reserve my opinions on what is going on there and what the USA is doing for a different forum. I believe it is mass insanity.
The J12 out of Ukraine took about a month and a half. It was a crapshoot. But if not delivered I got a refund so I felt OK even though I wanted the lens more than the money. This is the second lens I have bought from this fellow. Both of them are good lenses. The other is a '57 J8 with very nice color and definition, sharper than what I expected, when I focus it right. ;o)