Leica Jupiter-8M 50/2 adapted to Leica Mount using Canon 50/1.8 mount

Burkey

All-Pro
Apr 18, 2011
Northern New England
The Jupiter 8 arrived today. Simply said, I got lucky. Great eBay seller, super good copy of the lens. I screwed on a Voigtlander 50 - 75 frame lines M39 screw mount to Leica M-mount adapter, (see above post), put an 40.5mm hood I had on the lens and before it got super dark outside took a couple of photographs of my wife who was finishing up some paperwork.
By the way, getting used to the two sets of rotating f-stops took a minute or two. ;-)
Hoping to get outside with the M-E and Jupiter tomorrow. It's been super cold in northern Vermont over the past week and a half.
. . . David
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:

Burkey

All-Pro
Apr 18, 2011
Northern New England
And the testing of the Jupiter 8 continues. My copy appears to be either a PT3100 or a PT3110 based on images from this web site - Soviet and Russian Cameras . A very informative bit of writing.
I reshot the image of my wife, same location, a bit more window light, and carefully set the iris to f2 although both LR and Tonality post processing environments say f2.8. Anyway, here's the results. I'm very pleased with my $49. investment.
. . . David

Burkey

All-Pro
Apr 18, 2011
Northern New England
Hi Raid,
Looking back on my files in LR it appears that I used the Jupiter 8 on the R-D1s and the X-E2 for the still life shot. However, I did not shoot the still life with the M-E. No clue why except to say that I was just "playing around" with a $49. investment that I was becoming quite enamored with. ;-)
Once the weather shifts up here in northern Vermont, (at 2:20PM it's -9F), I plan to get out with the M-E and Jupiter 8 for more images.
Attached is a similar shot to the one I previously posted but with the Jupiter 8 on the R-D1s.
. . . David

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom