Just a quick tootle of my own trumpet

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
I've updated my book, Rangefound, with some recent material and worked out how to make it available as an iBook for those of you who have iThings of one sort or another.

This is what the critics said:

"More words than pictures - probably just as well" - Banksy
"Less a book on photography than an attempt to cash in on the Euro crisis" - Angela Merkel
"We couldn't put it down - the spine was covered in glue" - Richard and Judy
"Ideal for those who think apples and blackberries belong under a crumble topping" - Mrs Beeton
"Absolutely brilliant -the book the world has been waiting for" - my Mum

The link to this literary extravaganza is in my signature below.

If you buy it I will be able to afford stuffing for the chicken nuggets this Christmas Day. :dance3:

:drinks: Way to go Bill! Your advance critic reactions are going to send the sales sky high so get ready for extra stuffing!:D

I'll check you book out more completely later on..for right now, I'll just add that your sense of humor shines through.:D

If anyone knows how, please let me know!!

I am not a big fan of Apple - I have an iPod Touch for music and an "official issue" iPhone for work, but I would not touch an iPad with a barge pole. I do have a 7"Galaxy Tab and have made the observation before that the only advantage that the iPad has is that it can be used to carry four coffees not two...

Blurb will only output PDFs watermarked, and they don't seem to offer any Kindle integration :(

All suggestions gratefully received!

A program called calibre will convert for example .rtf to .epub and I suspect i-formats as well.

There are also free PDF printer programs that work with MS Word. Google.

I'm presently editing and hopefully self publishing my sister's autobiography.

Just a thought - not sure if these work on Mac but a search will probably turn up alternatives.

Luke, I am deeply flattered. I regard myself as just a bloke with a camera. But I confess that the secret I learned long ago was to share the out-takes with nobody - not even the cat... ;)

Bill, I've finally gotten started reading your book. I had to zoom in to view it quite a bit (using my laptop MacBook Pro), however it looks great AND you're an awfully good writer. What could be better great pictures and words to match? Maybe Santa Claus will find his way to bringing me my long awaited for iPad2 and I'll definitely download it and leaf through it with pleasure at my leisure!

Thanks both for your kind words. What started as a bit of "therapy" has become a monster that I need to keep feeding. ;) One of my new years' resolutions will be to write a bit more - I slowed up this last year due to other commitments.

I've just had delivered to me the hardback version of the updated book - damn, Blurb does a good job. :cool:

Back