Pentax Just added an ultra wie angle lens

wrangler

Regular
Name
Dennis Ulrich
I've wanted an ultra wide lens since I got my first SLR in the early '70s. I just couldn't justify taking the money from the budget. Now that I have retired and travel more, it was time. I just received a Tamron 10-24 zoom to use with my K-01. On first inspection, I think it will be a nice addition to my lens collection. I'm now able to seamlessly cover from 10 to 600 mm, with an odd prime thrown in here and there.

I think the Tamron 10-24 is a solid lens that has been underrated in many tests, with those opinions being echoed around the Internet. It tends to finish last in comparisons with the Pentax 12-24 and the Sigma 10-20. Except that real-world images with the Tamron are just fine. Plus, you can't beat the price and warranty. Congratulations! Go forth, photograph and enjoy! And how does the Tamron feel on the K-01, balance-wise?

I think the Tamron 10-24 is a solid lens that has been underrated in many tests, with those opinions being echoed around the Internet. It tends to finish last in comparisons with the Pentax 12-24 and the Sigma 10-20. Except that real-world images with the Tamron are just fine. Plus, you can't beat the price and warranty. Congratulations! Go forth, photograph and enjoy! And how does the Tamron feel on the K-01, balance-wise?

I selected the Tammy solely based on price and warranty. I'm not a "Pixel Peeker" and from my experience, you can get interesting images from any lens, just look at the Toy lens craze.

I think the balance on the K-01 is just fine. I cradle any lens and body in my left hand and punch buttons with my right, so I've never had an issue with any combo.

The view around 15mm equivalent is one I love. I am an ultrawide junkie, lol. Nice lens range on that Tamron.

The most flexible, and most often used lens in my kit is my 18 to 55 mm. I have observed that over the years, most of my shots have been at the wide end; hence, the growing need for something wider.

Back