Leica Just Another Castle on the Street - Leica Q.

D

dalethorn

Just another castle on the street - the old Citadel, now includes a hotel. There are some small black birds on the roof - right side. The shadows kinda lost it on the extreme left and right, but at this point they aren't obvious so I'll ignore them.

Leica Q, f5.6, 1/1250 handheld, ISO 200.
Charleston_Downtown30_s.jpg

Dale . It's been a long, long time now but I have a memory of my Grandfather, back in '65 or '66 pointing out an old brick building in Charleston. It had two stories an outside deck allowed entry to the barracks rooms. He said that he had been a graduate. My family hailed from Sumter, SC.He referred to it as "the Old Citadel". It has been a long time. Nice Picture however. I looked it your picture and it reminded me of the old administration building where old General Westmoreland had his office after he retired.

Dale . It's been a long, long time now but I have a memory of my Grandfather, back in '65 or '66 pointing out an old brick building in Charleston. It had two stories an outside deck allowed entry to the barracks rooms. He said that he had been a graduate. My family hailed from Sumter, SC.He referred to it as "the Old Citadel". It has been a long time. Nice Picture however. I looked it your picture and it reminded me of the old administration building where old General Westmoreland had his office after he retired.

It's possible this could be it, with some refurbishing, but there are other buildings within half a mile or less that also have castle-type motifs in their architecture.

Back