Leica Just bought an M-D 262

Yah, you're right! heh.

Knowing me, I'd buy the camera, and one of my kids would blow-out the transmission on their car or such the next day ...

Yah, you're right! heh.

Knowing me, I'd buy the camera, and one of my kids would blow-out the transmission on their car or such the next day ...

Bodies come and go (and stay on sale for four years). I see a new body release as a perfect opportunity to get a good deal on the previous generation or gently used glass, both of which flood the used market as people scramble to budget for the new model.

I was actually looking to buy an f/1 Noctilux, and found that the f/0.95 is readily available for not too much more, no doubt from people selling them to fully fund an M10.

So.....Do you see "banding" , especially in LR at higher ISO? That is a concern for me.

Its clean at 3200. 6400 probably, but not in every shot and not with proper exposure. Banding rarely shows up in the way I use high-ISO on any camera as I tend to prefer my night shots to look like night. Instead of using high ISO to create day from night, I use it sparingly, and let the darkness stay dark. I never went above 6400 on my 5D3 with a 50/1.2 lens, and very, very rarely even hit 3200. The M-D is at least as good at high ISO as the 5D3 was.

Where I see the biggest improvement from the M-E is at ISO 1600, where the M-E started to fall apart the M-D still looks terrific, equal to ISO 640 on the M-E.

Back