Just bought Olympus E-PL2!!! WOW! oh WOW!

P.S. Andy, I'd have to believe that the RAW support would come soon. I know it's frustrating - however the "old" E-PL1 that I used to have was great in jpeg.:friends:

Just a couple days ago I published the Image Quality section of my E-PL1 review (WARNING: Shameless plug!):

Review – Olympus Pen E-PL1, Part 3: Image Quality & Conclusion | Enticing the Light

I liked the JPEGs so much I had to give them their own section :)

The E-PL1 is the camera that could make me convert to JPEGs for colour work. That's how good they are. And from what I can tell, the E-PL2 has all the good bits of the E-PL1 plus a few important improvements.

Andy, you'll enjoy your E-PL2, I'm sure.

We are both crazy!! :)

You just made my day. Looking at your gear list makes me feel not alone with my problem:D Although I promised to scale down.
I recently added the EPL2 with kit zoom and 9-18mm lens. Oly colors and Jpeg output are really something. I normally shoot raw. But I don't even bother doing PP with this one, adjusting exposure here and there is all. Otherwise, just shooting and enjoying it, a great fun camera outputting a "good enough IQ", even for M shooters.

Congrats on your purchase.

Agree that support for the E-PL2 in Adobe Lightroom/Camera Raw won't be long off. I have heard that you can successfully process the images in Lightroom if you change the EXIF data to something like the E-P2 or P-PL1 first but I wouldn't think it was worth the bother.

I think I saw something on the net about the Beta version of the next Camera Raw and Lightroom update so it won't be far off. It would be something if there was actually no need to shoot RAW with the Oly seeing as the Jpg's are so good! I'll have to do some testing when the updates are out.

Just a couple days ago I published the Image Quality section of my E-PL1 review (WARNING: Shameless plug!):

Review – Olympus Pen E-PL1, Part 3: Image Quality & Conclusion | Enticing the Light

I liked the JPEGs so much I had to give them their own section :)

The E-PL1 is the camera that could make me convert to JPEGs for colour work. That's how good they are. And from what I can tell, the E-PL2 has all the good bits of the E-PL1 plus a few important improvements.

Andy, you'll enjoy your E-PL2, I'm sure.

No problem with the shameless plug, Miserere - and a very nice review and conclusion. Plus, you have a photograph of a MINI Cooper, so that makes it extra special for me.:2thumbs:

Happy to see someone with an E-PL2 and out there using it for everyday stuff. Keep posting those shots, they are good to see. I must admit I was impressed with the comparison shots at dpreview - it certainly challenges my Pentax K-7. Ah.....

Back