Micro 4/3 Just got my 75mm lens

I had to see what forum this was in to guess which 75mm lens you might be talking about. I have LOVED some shots I've seen from that lens. I have no doubts that the quality is amazing. The only nagging doubt I have is whether I can use such a long lens (with crop factor factored in) in any sort of normal way. It's too short for zoo visits, but it's a bit long to try to use ANYWHERE inside. I look forward to seeing your shots, Bob.

Look forward to reading your impressions, Bob, and seeing the images, of course!

I love mine! Been shooting my son's soccer team with it.

are you using it with the E-M5, Andrew?

...The only nagging doubt I have is whether I can use such a long lens (with crop factor factored in) in any sort of normal way...

Other than the price, the focal length is my hesitation as well, Luke. Trying to figure out how I would use it outside of portraits, which I do, at most, a couple times a year for family. As a new photographer, though, I wonder if it would be fun to learn how to shoot a tele length.

Would the compression would be like a 75mm or 150mm on full frame?

Even though Olympus does not provide a lens hood they do give you an easier to use lens cap when you use the hood with the hood

Where did you order from, Bob? I'm on the fence whether to get this lens but think I will come off the fence if I can find it in stock :D.

which 75mm lens you might be talking about. I have LOVED some shots I've seen from that lens. I have no doubts that the quality is amazing. The only nagging doubt I have is whether I can use such a long lens (with crop factor factored in) in any sort of normal way. It's too short for zoo visits, but it's a bit long to try to use ANYWHERE inside. I look forward to seeing your shots, Bob.

I guess it depens on what you shoot at the zoo, but indoors it is a great portrait length.

I find the focal length a bit odd, wish it was just a tad longer, like 90mm or 100mm. I've been using it outside for events and lanscapes. Good luck with your lens, it is a good shooter.

Gary

I like this focal length a lot, mostly for outdoor but some indoors as well. I took it to the circus, and it was a good length for that as well.

Let's see the pics from the 75mm folks!

+1 for some images from Bob and others who may have succumbed to peer pressure or GAS. I did see some great images from Joe and Ray so far. :2thumbs:

I have used mine quite a bit over the last month. It has been a lot of fun to try to figure out this field of view.

8084539783_b28f7eaff0_c.jpg

ISO 200, @f1.8, 1/250

8072716984_76f48e1fe6_c.jpg

ISO 200, f4, 1/80

8128298478_0618018cfa_c.jpg

ISO 1600, f2.8, 1/25

One thing I did notice is that I get shutter shot blur with my OM-D when in the 1/80 to 1/120 shutter speed range (approximately). I was able to resolve by either using the 1/8 anti-shock delay, or by forcing the shutter speed slower (IBIS easily allows handheld below that range) or faster.

Overall, really love the lens and think I will be using it more than I expected.

Back