Fuji Just got my X100S today, and I already broke the thing!

And another thing I've seen on the forums is the damage to the hot shoe caused by both 'thumbs up' and even flash units. I don't think this is only a Fuji issue as I've seen it mentioned about bits falling of the Olympus OM-D

Bummer Amin, hope you can get it fixed up and it doesn't cause any mechanical issues in the meantime. I actually hold the power switch with my fingers when tightening in the soft-release just in case of something like that. Now I know that wasn't just me being paranoid!

I can't stand not having the soft release on there, but I also have had it pull loose more than once and finally lost mine permanently a couple weeks ago. It's definitely annoying, especially at $20 a pop for one of the Match Technical Bips that I prefer. I may have to try the O-ring idea if I can find a suitable sized ring... I'm not keen on the idea of losing another one!

I thought it was no problem, but I'm finding that it's making it physically harder for me to trigger the release, so off to Fuji repair it must go.

And another thing I've seen on the forums is the damage to the hot shoe caused by both 'thumbs up' and even flash units.

I can't stand not having the soft release on there, but I also have had it pull loose more than once and finally lost mine permanently a couple weeks ago.

I'll take my chances with breaking more cameras - so much nicer using these cameras with a thumb grip and soft release!

I recently lost my soft release button that was provided with my limited edition x100s. At the time I was mad with myself for not screwing it in too tightly. I said to myself I'd get another soft release button and screw it in more tightly. After hearing your story, I think I'll give the soft release button a total miss or get one with the magical o-ring workaround.

Back