Fuji Just like NASCAR: A three hour X10 sensor swap?

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Name
Steve
OK, this is interesting and I thought it warranted a new thread. I mailed out my X10 to NJ on Friday, June 8. I got an email today (6/12) at 2:51 pm saying it was received. I got another email at 5:15 pm saying it had been shipped. The latter email does not say what happened. It could be a quick replacement since the lens/sensor is a unit and probably pops right out. So much for the warning of a three week turn around.

Wow! Now you've motivated me.

I will be interested to find out what they did since they talk about "evaluating" the need for a new sensor - or words to that effect - in the email.

Thanks so much for this info and I think it's good that you started a new thread.(y)

I just realized that I should have sought out some night scenes and taken some "before" pics, but as I'm not an outdoors-after-dark kind of shooter, the problem never affected me. Really, I'm just doing the update for value preservation. The X10 is my favorite compact and maybe my favorite camera overall - at least now. :)

I got the X10 back today, or rather a new X10. The service ticket says "Camera exchanged, new serial number 21A...." as opposed to the old 14A . . . As a bonus, I got an extra lens cap. That certainly explains the quick turn around time. Now to go hunt down some specular reflections. . .

OK. Here's full size crop taken with the E-PL1, 17 mm

Here's the X10

The entire shot with X10

To me, it seems the x10 gives some "star" effects but the same amount of orbing as the Oly. ISO 100 on both cameras.

At f8.0 that's similar to the specular highlight I was getting with the old sensor.
Could you try it at f2.0 ISO 100 ?
Hopefully my new sensor will be with me in the morning so I'll do some testing myself.

Back