Film Just my simple intro.........

480sparky

Regular
Name
Ken
I have decided that.........

......... I'm totally in love with shooting 4x5..................... loaded with black & white film...................... souping the film..................... and then............... *gasp!*.......................making wet prints.

Just stepped out of the darkroom with my latest project: Printing a neg I shot a couple weeks ago of an exceedingly high-contrast scene: Looking straight up into the state capital dome.

Although I was more than satisfied with the way the digital scan came out, I was just flat-out schnizzled when I hung up the old-fashioned, honest-to-goodness, this IS your father's photograph, print.

Due to the high contrast, I went with a split filter process, exposing the shadows for 2 seconds w/#5 filter. I then changed the contrast filter to the #00, and exposed the paper for 40 seconds, dodging the shadows for 15 seconds of it. I then reset the timer to 20 seconds and added 15 of it to the 'sunstreams' that were striking the dome from the windows.

2015-11-202021.39.34.jpg

The print is still hanging up to dry. I made a graphic example of the exposure process:

Capital%20Dome%204x5%20Wet%20Print%20post.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back