Just put a very big print on my wall

Chris2500dk

Top Veteran
Dec 22, 2011
Copenhagen, Denmark
I decided it was time to redecorate the living room wall. It's an 8 metre wall with no windows or doors in it, and it's just begging for a big print.
This is five 80x120cm (32"x48") canvas prints combined in a 400x120cm (13' by 4') panorama, and it looks awesome :)

The source image is a single DP2 Merrill file which I cropped to 10:3 format, cut into five pieces, up-ressed each to 3000x2000 pixels and sent off to the printing company.
I known that canvas prints are forgiving, but I'm really impressed with how good it looks, even up close, when considering it's just a single 14.7mp image where I'm only using 6.6mp due to the 10:3 crop.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Luke

Super Moderator
Nov 11, 2011
Milwaukee, WI USA
Luke
I think that is the wrong takeaway.

That's not a knock on Sigma...those files are amazing. And they probably print better than many. But Olympus said it YEARS ago...and I stand by it. 6 MP is all one needs for most applications.

jyc860923

Veteran
Aug 29, 2018
Shenyang, China
贾一川
I think that is the wrong takeaway.

That's not a knock on Sigma...those files are amazing. And they probably print better than many. But Olympus said it YEARS ago...and I stand by it. 6 MP is all one needs for most applications.
Yeah, I know. Still I think of the Sigma, but then it's the photographer not the gear.

With more MPs you can crop more, that's probably the most reasonable cause for more pixel.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom