Fuji Just Received My X100T

tyrphoto

Regular
My GF bought me an X100T in black along with the WCL-X100 wide converter lens yesterday for my birthday. Quite a nice surprise.

So my main everyday bag (Billingham Hadley Pro) is now carrying my everyday cameras.

- Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mk.II
- Fuji X100T & WCL-X100
- Fuji X100
- Ricoh GR Digital III

17440961775_2f57b68380_b.jpg

Today, took the X100T with the WCL-X100 for a spin around the neighborhood. So far, just processed one photo.

"Under Construction"

17262191340_8534332d80_b.jpg

FUJIFILM X100T, 19MM (28MM EQUIVALENT), F5.6, 1/320, ISO 400

Happy Birthday!

Congratulations on your new toy.
From your picture above I love how small and neat that GR is. How does it compare in handling and image quality to the Fuji?

Cheers,

Thank you. The GR series is a different camera. Small, unassuming and no viewfinder although you can attach an OVF on the shot shoe which is how I use it half of the time. In terms of handling, it can be used easily one handed.

The best feature about the GR series is the "snap focus" mode where you work with hyperlocal distance and just press the shutter without needing to auto focus. It works extremely well. The other great thing about the GR series is the B&W images it can produce. There's a tonal depth that is very similar to film and isn't too far off from the $7500 Leica Monochrom. Lastly, the Ricoh GR series has one of the best UI of any camera I've ever used. Just about every button and dial can be customized and everything logically laid out. These are just a few of the reasons why this camera has a cult-like following.

As for image quality, I'd choose the Fuji for color work and the Ricoh for B&W. While the Ricoh's color isn't bad, personally I prefer Fuji and Olympus colors over anything else.

Happy Birthday!

Congratulations on your new toy.
From your picture above I love how small and neat that GR is. How does it compare in handling and image quality to the Fuji?

Cheers,

Choice is always good. :D

In reality, it's very easy working with these four cameras.

With the Olympus, I usually have an Olympus 25/1.8 (50mm equivalent) attached and an Olympus 45/1.8 (90mm equivalent) in the bag. Changing lenses is a snap since the lenses are so small, I can palm both lenses in one hand and make a quick lens change.

The Fuji X100T, I'm shooting with the WCL-X100 19mm (28mm equivalent).

The Fuji X100, I shoot at the native 23mm (35mm equivalent).

The Ricoh is a 28mm equivalent which I keep with my B&W settings and in snap focus mode, typically set to 1.5m.

So in the bag, I have the following focal lengths ready to shoot at any time: 28/35/50/90. This pretty much covers everything I need for my style of shooting.

Nice bag but too many decisions for me!

Hmm. So instead of carrying one camera with four lens. You carry four cameras. That's not what many people do in the first place. Many switch from DSLR to such cameras to lighten the load. To have less decisions to make and focus on taking pictures. But to each his own.

I don't always carry all four cameras and on most days, only three. The two that are always with me is the Olympus and the Fuji X100T. The third camera is either the X100 or the Ricoh.

I find it's much faster working with multiple cameras at different focal lengths rather than fumbling around looking for and swapping lenses. To me, 28/35/50 focal lengths are very natural and I'll know which I'll want for the scene. Also, with multiple cameras, each has it's own set of virtues that may be suited for a specific situation.

As for weight, the whole setup weighs less than carrying my Canon 5D Mk.II with either a 24-70/2.8L or 24-105/4L along with a 70-200/2.8L IS.

This kind of setup may not work for everyone but for me it's the most efficient for the way I work. If you notice, only the Olympus is an interchangeable lens camera, the rest being fixed lens cameras. I'm not sure why you think there would be more decisions and less focus on taking pictures?

Lastly, you'd be surprised how many photographers actually use multiple cameras. Just as an example, look at most wedding photographers who use DSLRs. They'll usually use at least two bodies and I've seen some who use three bodies. Typically, one with a 24-70 and the other with a 70-200 and if there's a third body, one with a prime.

Hmm. So instead of carrying one camera with four lens. You carry four cameras. That's not what many people do in the first place. Many switch from DSLR to such cameras to lighten the load. To have less decisions to make and focus on taking pictures. But to each his own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back