Just Sitting Around On The Street

snake

Veteran
One of the first shots with my K5 and FA35 combo. I had absolutely no time to set anything, otherwise I'd have lost the moment.

ibcWSOsACyyz0b.jpg

Attachments

• ibcWSOsACyyz0b.jpg
    ibcWSOsACyyz0b.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 179
Very nicely caught, snake - I like their faces very much and the softness of the scene, the deep colors...the green of the couch being echoed by the trees in the background. I'm not sure where you shot this one, but to my eyes it has a European flavor.

I like the earth colors, cool color tone, and most of all their expressions and the scene itself. Really well done.

I like the earth colors, cool color tone, and most of all their expressions and the scene itself. Really well done.

Thanks, I went for a desaturated, but contrasty look that I often associate with some magazine photos. i'll be developing it more over time and making a collection out of it and hopefully it works out into some sort of sense, or cohesive theme.

Very nicely caught, snake - I like their faces very much and the softness of the scene, the deep colors...the green of the couch being echoed by the trees in the background. I'm not sure where you shot this one, but to my eyes it has a European flavor.

Correct, it's the Neustadt section of Dresden. It's common for the people to bring their couches to the sidewalk and just hang out there, especially during festivals. A bit odd, but it looks like they enjoy it.

On the other forum, people first noted that the picture was relatively crooked, but missed the idea going on there and missed other cues of why it was crooked (ie: posture of the men there indicates that even the sidewalk was slanted and being the former east Germany, the roads, buildings, and everything are crooked. I tried straightening it, but it took away from the scene).

Actually, the horizon looks pretty level to me. The couch follows the slant of the sidewalk into the street. And that's got to be the least important thing going on in this anyways. Well captured moment and I like the processing.

Snake, thanks for your reactions to comments. As for the straightening thing, I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes the world just isn't horizontal and perpendicular, and it's a good thing.:drinks:

The other reasons I like this have been mentioned by others - the expressions on these two fellows' faces...they do look a bit stoned to me, and the scene looks very comfortable. I guess I'm reading my own feelings in here, but don't we always?

P.S. Yes, I'm with Luke, too, the processing brings it all home to me.

Cool, nice to know that it works. I'm not totally satisfied, as I wasn't familiar with the cam just yet, but I had to shoot or risk losing the moment. They saw me with the cam on the other side of the street and actually invited me over to shoot, so I did and that was it.

Snake, thanks for your reactions to comments. As for the straightening thing, I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes the world just isn't horizontal and perpendicular, and it's a good thing.:drinks:

The other reasons I like this have been mentioned by others - the expressions on these two fellows' faces...they do look a bit stoned to me, and the scene looks very comfortable. I guess I'm reading my own feelings in here, but don't we always?

P.S. Yes, I'm with Luke, too, the processing brings it all home to me.

To me, they don't look stoned - they look high on life! Which is a good thing...

Nice photo Snake! Fun photo for sure! And thanks for the tidbit about folks bringing out the couch to the street. It happens on rare occasions here in the US.

Back