Queen's Wayfarers Short Trips #1 Twice Shy now available for pre-order!

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
Twice Shy cover art 1.jpg

7th December 2020.

Just sayin'.

Don't forget to post the Amazon link when it's available! :)

Speaking of Amazon... I was searching the US & UK sites for the title (see if there was a pre-order yet) and noticed that you're using two different photos and slightly different bio's.... on purpose or haven't updated one of them yet? Just curious because it'd be interesting to hear how the author bios might affect sales in the different regions.

Hi Kevin, that's really interesting, thanks. I never go on amazon.com - no reason to, tbh. All I update is KDP - Kindle Direct Publishing - that automatically updates the half-dozen or so Amazon sites my books are sold through. In theory everything should be identical, and if not, then something isn't updating - I'll have a look. As part of launching the new book I review all my entries on Amazon and Goodreads as a matter of course.

I'm just putting the finishing touches to the Kindle version and getting the ISBNs and then it will be available for pre-order. Release date is 7th December, in time for Christmas, and the paperback will be released at the same time. I'll post the link presently.

Twice Shy is a novella - in paperback it works out to about 220 pages. It's the first of a spin-off series of "Short Trips" that allows me to explore different characters and different aspects of the Wayfarers "universe"; Twice Shy completes the Isi and Duncan story arc started in Sharp Focus. That said, it can be read "standalone" so it would be a good start for new readers.

The next full story now has a working title of "Chiaroscuro" and will be published in a year - or less... The plot is complete, and the prologue at the end of Sharp Focus sets the scene. Chiaroscuro will also see the first appearance of the Queen's Wayfarers Archivist - this is a character that allows me to explore other periods in the long history of the Wayfarers, in short and potentially in long form. Imagine what they were up to during the Peninsular Wars, the 1920's, the Cold War, the fall of the Berlin Wall...

Here's the preorder link on Amazon UK: Twice Shy: The Queen's Wayfarers Short Trips #1 eBook: Palmer, Bill: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store It is available on all major marketplaces now, with a release date of the 7th December. The paperback cannot be put on preorder, but will be published at the same time.

Here's the blurb:

"The course of true love never did run smooth..."

Duncan Hood and Isidora Valensa are not out of the woods yet; after their adventures in Sharp Focus, The Queen's Wayfarers Book 2, they found themselves separated by circumstance, with Duncan returning to his duties in England and Isi staying in Russia to recover from her gunshot wounds.

But they have a plan to be together again - if MI6, the Russian secret service, the Israeli Police and a Bosnian Serb sniper don't get in the way first...

This is the first of a new series of Wayfarer Short Trips set in the world of the Queen's Wayfarers that arrived with a bang in Overexposed and continued with the high octane action of Sharp Focus. It can be read as a standalone adventure story or in conjunction with the other stories of the Queen's Wayfarers.

Twice Shy follows the story of Isidora Valensa, Ex-Russian sleeper agent and ex-spetsnaz Mayór, and Duncan Hood, the Head of Safety for the above-top-secret Queen's Wayfarers, whose task it is to carry the secrets of The Crown across the globe, "hiding in plain sight".

Back