Pentax K-01 and FA77

Steve Noel

All-Pro
Oct 5, 2010
Casey County, KY
The K-01 is not a camera to fall "gushy" in love with visually. But when I put it to work, it pulls me in. Never thought I would ever use ISO 3200, but in a pinch I now do, with very acceptable results for many things. There are maybe better cameras, but I cannot afford them. So, My "K" has a home with me, with no regrets.

JJJPhoto

Regular
Jun 12, 2012
Heck, I bought a K-01 a short time ago when the price dropped to $299 and fell completely in love with it. People (mainly camera review editors) let the unusual design of the K-01 blind them to a really great camera. I like the K-01 so much that I bought a second one just to have a backup since the price is so cheap.

I doubt that Pentax will make a K-02 because of the critical failure of the K-01 among publications that review cameras ... which is a shame.

Here is a recent snap I took (with the K-01 and FA 77mm) of my son:

Luckypenguin

Hall of Famer
Dec 24, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Nic
I doubt that Pentax will make a K-02 because of the critical failure of the K-01 among publications that review cameras ... which is a shame.
That might be glossing over the issue a bit. There are plenty of cameras which may be great in some way but just struggle to sell because of the reasons that make them not so great.

john m flores

All-Pro
Aug 13, 2012
Even before clicking I knew who posted this thread. Your work with the K-01 and the FA77 is legend. I don't have the FA77 yet, but you're not helping my bank account at all.

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Jan 11, 2011
Houston, Texas
Jack
Even before clicking I knew who posted this thread. Your work with the K-01 and the FA77 is legend. I don't have the FA77 yet, but you're not helping my bank account at all.
Have you tries the DA70/2.4? Cheaper and arguably just as good. Unless f1.8 is needed of course. Probably my favorite Pentax lens, along with the FA35/2.

Christina's PP work sure is awesome. One of my favorites along with Livnus's PP.

JJJPhoto

Regular
Jun 12, 2012
The DA70 used to be much cheaper but since Pentax increased some of the lens prices a while back the price for a new DA70 isn't that much less than the price of a new FA77. When I bought back into the Pentax system a while ago I was going to buy the DA70 (which I used to own back in the K10D era) but decided to buy the FA77 because the price difference is less than $100 at Adorama.

john m flores

All-Pro
Aug 13, 2012
Yup. I've been recently acquiring FA Limiteds for the aperture control on the GH2. The only DA Limited that I have left is the DA70, and it may be my favorite.

Latest threads

Top Bottom