Pentax K-01 lives - In Montreal

muzee

Veteran
Apr 30, 2013
[IMAGE-HEAVY THREAD!]
This sub-forum has been dormant for a while now. Has everyone given up on their Stormtroopers/Pandas/bumble-bees? It has remained my main camera for the past few years - I've acquired an x-10 but haven't quite bonded with it :(, so I've pretty much learned to live with it --> quirks and all :)

I recently took it on a trip to Montreal and thought I'd share some photos here ... just to show that this old grand-daddy is still alive and well. I used the Tamron 2.8 28-70 (70%) and Pentax 50mm 1.8 for the shots.

Pictures taken on a short cruise along the St. Lawrence River:

City Skyline:

Tour Guide:

'Habitat 47' - each cube sells for ~ CAD 1M:

More Skyline:

Bow view:

River view:

On deck:

Grain Silo:

Tower clock - I wasn't paying much attention but I may have heard the guide saying that this was a gift from the British and that the clock is a replica of the one in London:

Docking:

The long walk:

Around the 1976 Olympic Village:

Daredevils:

Inside the Biodome:

View of the Park:

Stadium, with athletes' village in the background (photo taken through the elevator glass while ascending the tower):

(Full album on Flickr: https://flic.kr/s/aHskFUNsVb)

Comments welcome!

Covey22

Hall of Famer
Feb 3, 2012
Good stuff. I finally got the chance to visit the city the other year, the ride up to the Olympic Park tower was pretty neat - and the view was spectacular. I also loved The Old Quarter - if you closed your eyes to certain details, it felt like you were in Europe.

Biro

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
Nice job. There was never any question about the K-01 capturing great images. I didn't even mind its size when I had one. And I loved its simple control layout. Just couldn't see much on the rear screen in bright sunlight and autofocus was kind of slow - even after the firmware update. But I still kind of miss mine - lovable brick that it was.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom