Pentax K-1 and K-1 Mark II Images

Some Reversal Film pop on a gray day.

IMGP1610.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

IMGP1609-2.jpg

It's a great 'look' - and one which complements - and enhances - the nature of these images.
I enjoy finding strong pops of color on a cloudy day - here is where a highly saturated profile/film/post processing style really suits the results. I find looking for colors more satisfying with the K1 than some previous cameras. I know they are all capable of taking vividly colored photographs, either through PP or a "vivid" mode or its equivalent, but there is something about the way the K1 handles files that makes the results even more pleasing. Much like shooting color film vs B&W, I find myself looking for color most of the time with the K1. I haven't gotten as comfortable looking for B&W with this camera. That might develop later, but I also don't mind thinking of it as a "color camera."

SooC Astrotracer Sample

I used the 90s Sigma 70-300mm, which came with my K-3, at 300mm and at f/5.6, initially, just to play with the Astrotracer. It wasn't really planned but when I was drinking my tea outside, the sky became very clear once the haziness caused by the humidity/moisture cleared. We just said, "Welp..."
K-1_Sample_5.jpeg

^Bonus possible Starlink satellites at the bottom - The shutter speed was maxed out on this hence some star trails. If I subtracted 10 seconds, the exposure might have no trails at all. It's just a test shot.

The K-1 will see a lot more night sky. The K-3 is still my EDC.

Back