Pentax K-1 and K-1 Mark II Images

Name
Andrew
I don't think there's a proper image thread for this camera in either of its iterations, so here it is. All of my images on this thread are coming from a place of learning the camera, so don't expect anything particularly good! All except #2 were taken with vintage lenses, thus the optical quirks they may or may not possess.

IMGP0123.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

IMGP0072-Edit.jpg

IMGP0130.jpg

IMGP0138.jpg

IMGP0143.jpg

IMGP0147.jpg

IMGP0195.jpg

Pre-haircut, I'm sorry.

IMGP0198.jpg

IMGP0214.jpg

IMGP0216.jpg

A hazy, overcast day for a landscape photo, not ideal but why not. It's for fun after all. IBIS off, tripod mounted, hi-res mode with motion correction. The motion correction actually still creates some ugly artifacting, especially visible in the JPEGs, but less so in the RAWs. Processed in Lightroom.

IMGP0394.jpg

Here are a couple of crops:

IMGP0394 (2).jpg

IMGP0394 (3).jpg

IMGP0394 (4).jpg

I can do better than this, but for a quick edit and not the perfect weather, it's fairly impressive, I think.

IMGP0459.jpg
IMGP0492.jpg
IMGP0497.jpg
IMGP0502.jpg
IMGP0508.jpg
IMGP0513.jpg
IMGP0516.jpg
IMGP0526.jpg
IMGP0529.jpg

I love these, Andrew.
They truly show off some of the reasons why this is a great camera.
Congrats again on making the dive into these rich-and-rewarding deep K-1 waters.
Many thanks, good sir! I'm glad you liked those, I feel the 50 1.7 did a really good job capturing a smooth and realistic rendering while the sensor did a fine job capturing the subtle atmospheric shadows and differentiation which is something I've been looking for since getting a taste of it in the APS-C GRIII/x and KP, only more so (as might be expected!).

As I've mentioned before Andrew, if you can somehow adapt that Skopar 28mm onto the camera, I'd love to see the results. Yes this is one of those "I have and use it therefore you have to as well" confirmation bias posts common on most photo forum sites, but damn, that raw film like rendering of the Voigt sounds like a dream on the K1.

As I've mentioned before Andrew, if you can somehow adapt that Skopar 28mm onto the camera, I'd love to see the results. Yes this is one of those "I have and use it therefore you have to as well" confirmation bias posts common on most photo forum sites, but damn, that raw film like rendering of the Voigt sounds like a dream on the K1.
The Voigt I have is the 35mm, but unfortunately I don't think it's possible to adapt rangefinder lenses to a K mount (is it?). Except maybe as a close-up lens. The flange distance difference is simply too great. However, there are a couple of Voigtlander lenses made for K mount. I'd look into them if they were a little more available and cheaper. I'm certainly curious.

Just a small remark on the operation of these cameras, which I did not know and which isn't obvious to the user (thanks to the PentaxForum for unearthing the detail). The white dot on the multi-function mode dial is technically, I believe, more of an "OFF" position than anything else, but if you are in live view and switch the dial to the dot, the third control dial functions as magnification +/- of live view mode with no button-pressing needed. Just a cool little feature, which makes live view more useful for me.

Back