Pentax K-5 plus Formula 5 200mm f/3.5 MC/MD mount on a P/K adapter.

Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
Thanks so much, guys. I really am trying hard to achieve a certain "look" after seeing some pix by a guy called _downfall_ in pentax forums a long time ago. He's on flickr and his shots are here. Done with a K5 and K200D and Cosina 55 f/1.2. Might see how I go with my MC Rokkor 50mm f/1.4 next week. The 200mm is so heavy I could not keep it steady enough and I did have to use a lot of sharpening on the shots above.

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Jan 11, 2011
Houston, Texas
Jack
Thanks so much, guys. I really am trying hard to achieve a certain "look" after seeing some pix by a guy called _downfall_ in pentax forums a long time ago. He's on flickr and his shots are here. Done with a K5 and K200D and Cosina 55 f/1.2. Might see how I go with my MC Rokkor 50mm f/1.4 next week. The 200mm is so heavy I could not keep it steady enough and I did have to use a lot of sharpening on the shots above.
I gotta say that I prefer the way your photos/lens renders the bokeh than the Cosina 55/1.2. The Cosina's bokeh looks a little too busy and somewhat weird to me.

Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
Why use Minolta glass on your Pentax? Infinity focus isn't possible, is it?
Infinity focus... no... tried today, it was a washout, but its not why I use the Minolta lenses. I use the glass because I already had it (old Minolta SRT303 with a jammed shutter) and it was way cheaper to buy an adapter than go and buy primes in the 50mm f/1.4 + 200mm f/3.5 range. I can't afford them, and i already had the others. Its what made sense, and these shots show that theres a use for it.

Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
I gotta say that I prefer the way your photos/lens renders the bokeh than the Cosina 55/1.2. The Cosina's bokeh looks a little too busy and somewhat weird to me.
Oh really, do you think so? Thanks you :) I really like that look, but I dont think all his shots have it. I think he went looking for it. Mine is looking like it is because there is a lot of distance between the subject and the background, I think. Its not just the lens, wish it was, it would make a lot of things easier :).

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom