Fuji Kalahari Bags & Straps

Mycenius

Rookie
Anyone ever used any of the Kalahari Bags & Accessories (from Germany)? Any comments, advice, opinions based on experience?

Am looking for a nice compact shoulder bag that I can 'quick draw' my X-E2 out of and also carry 1-2 extra lenses, waterbottle, and some small accessories... Also a stylish or retro look would be an added bonus!

Was thinking something like their Orapa K-21, Molopo K-41i or Mata Mata K-6 (think the Mata Mata K-11 is a tad large for what I need) and a Kaama leather carrying strap (for the wrist)...

As an aside the Kapako K-35 & especially the Kapako K-31 are damn cool bags - having seen them in person!

Have a look at Millican in general and from what you have said, at "Stephen" in particular. It seems to match your needs, and they design bags for Fuji. I have no experience of Kalahari I'm afraid.

Stephen The Waist Pack 7L | Millican

Thanks Bill. So you've used a 'Stephen' yourself?

FWIW I was also looking at this SS05 Canvas Vintage Camera Shoulder Bag on EBay as well that was mentioned by a couple of people on Fuji Forums (can't recall if this one or another).

View attachment 4631View attachment 4632

I have a Kalahari bag Mycenius. Lovely little thing I bought from Amazon UK a couple of years ago. Its the one I used to take out to the zoo etc when I had milc gear. I really like it. I see from the website that they do all sorts of cool styles too! I use a Tenba now, which has a zipper for quick access, and lots of pockets and inserts etc and come in a multitude of sizes, though not quite as attractive :)

Attachments

• Tenba-1.jpg
    Tenba-1.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 369
  • kalahari-2.jpg
    kalahari-2.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 359
FYI Update: I ended up going with the Kalahari Orapa K-21 which looks about right for me (As I will have my X-E2 out slung over other shoulder 90% of the time it's primarily needing to fit 14mm & 56mm extra lenses, waterbottle, few small accessories, wee mini-tripod, and hopefully a snack or two - without bulging at the seams - and be able to squeeze the X-E2 & 35mm in at a pinch if needed)! It arrived yesterday so looking forward to giving it it's first run at the weekend (I hope).

Back