Kent Falls State Park, CT

Hyubie

Top Veteran
Took this at high noon. Thought the JPEG is still very good.

10421730925_51a82ec7e4_b.jpg

And this was a complete face-palm moment for me -- I forgot my tripod knowing full well I was going to a waterfall, in gorgeous fall colors to boot! So I'll just leave you with this shot, near where the waterfall ends:

10421728526_e99b36ba00_b.jpg

I live "in spittin' distance", well almost! Perhaps I'll recognize your daughters in town if you're still here! It sure would have been fun to say hello, Herbert!!

It's been a gorgeous fall and the falls are truly lovely. Great colors!

I live "in spittin' distance", well almost! Perhaps I'll recognize your daughters in town if you're still here! It sure would have been fun to say hello, Herbert!!

It's been a gorgeous fall and the falls are truly lovely. Great colors!

Hi BB - yep! I actually remembered that you live near/at Kent -- but we were there for only a few hours. Ate lunch at downtown Kent, if that is indeed downtown -- I believe it was The Villager Restaurant? Good food. :) Would have loved to meet you too! Maybe next time, since my kids really enjoyed the trip.

Yup, that's downtown Kent. The Villager is a great place... The House of Books is a truly wonderful bookstore. If you come on the weekend sometime when the weather's nice be prepared for a massive influx of gorgeous motorcycles...and more open restaurants.:cool:

Do drop me a line if you're down this way again, Herbert. Glad you had fun with your kids!

Aha, Lime Rock - I've driven the track (not raced) in my MINI. I particularly like their classic car weekend. Steve, if you're ever up this way, please let me know.

Back