Fuji Kipon Nikon to Fuji-X Tilt/Shift adaptor

Tdp

All-Pro
Played around a bit with this adaptor today at my local shop. Full tilt/shift/rotate adaptor for Nikon to FX, Sony and M43. Runs about 400 USD or so. Real smooth movement. Test shot below was with a 60mm Nikon lens at F2.8, full tilt. Pretty cool huh?

View attachment 10994
Tilt/shift Nikon to Fuji-X adaptor by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

View attachment 10995

View attachment 10996

View attachment 10997
Adapted T/S test by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

How do you rate the quality? I had seen this, or at least the Nikon to m4/3 version and have been very tempted. I had looked at a tilt only adaptor from a no name brand and it was horribly made.

This one is made very well. Kipon's quality is going up but so are their prices. The Voigtlander rep thinks they are the best of the Chinese made adaptors.

Thanks for the info. Being an old time Nikon shooter I have plenty of F lenses. I have always wanted to try tilt/shift but the price has prevented me. An adaptor, even one for $400 will allow me to try it.

Thanks for the info. Being an old time Nikon shooter I have plenty of F lenses. I have always wanted to try tilt/shift but the price has prevented me. An adaptor, even one for $400 will allow me to try it.

I emailed a friend that is a long-time Nikon user asking if he had any old manual focus lenses he wanted to part with, if he did I would be heading back to the store to pick the T/S adaptor up.

TDP, just to clarify, did you use the full "Tilt" and full "Shift" down, or just the full Tilt angle? Usually you cannot use the full T & S combined as the corners will cut off, and other problems. Also do the shift and tilt movements have locks on them once T&S'ed, or is the adapter stiff enough to hold settings.
Thanks
Dennis.

The adaptor is stiff, but it is new (might get lose over time) and I do not think it is stiff enough to support the weight of a heavy lens which is probably why there is a locking finger screw to keep it all in place. The screw works well enough.

I did a shift then a tilt, not at the same time. Also I did a rotate but I didn't see if it goes 360 degrees around or dead stops at some certain degree.

The only other things were it was a bit difficult to install, not physically but mentally. It didn't have a red dot on it and the adaptor rotates. Also removing the adaptor from the camera body isn't easy, the device itself is rather large in diameter so getting your finger to push the lens release button wasn't easy.

Back