Film Showcase Kodachrome 64

trisberg

Veteran
You won't be able to take new pictures with this film, but if you have old slides sitting around they are well worth scanning. I think this is my favorite slide film and produces great colors scanned.

tumblr_net2fbWamn1sv7gqgo1_1280.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This was shot in 1974 with a Leica CL and 40mm Summicron-C.

Kodachrome 64 was my "learn to use your meter" film -- and much more, of course. I never found an E-6 film I liked as well, though working in labs and running an E-6 line for a while, I shot a lot of E-6 because processing was free or steeply discounted. I know I've scanned some of those old Kodachromes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kodachrome really made reds pop, witness Charlie's hat in this shot from the early 70s, made with my 35RC. At the time we thought of ASA 64 as fast, at least compared to Kodachrome 25!
I have trouble getting scans of Kodachrome that I really like. I'm using a PrimeFilm 7200 scanner with Vuescan. This is one of my better efforts; I'm sure there's a perfect combination, I just haven't been able to find it yet.

SlideWeb.jpg

Regards,
BV

Good Afternoon,

I'm starting my rescanning project back up (Canon Canoscan FS4000 SCSI) and this was one from this morning. Needed a bit of cleanup but came through fine; I have many K25 and K64 chromes that will be digitized over the next year. This was taken on the way to Paso Robles (CA), near to where the actor, James Dean, lost his life when he crashed his Porsche 550 Spyder in 1955.

Regards,

Edd

Paso-Robles,-CA.jpg

Good Morning,

Rather than start a thread just for Kodachrome 25, I thought I might just mix them in here if no one minds...😇. These are from the 1974 timeframe, of the Rhyolite ghost town. Taken with my Canon F1n, FDn 20-35mm f3.5 L, and FDn 50mm f1.2 L lenses.

Regards,

Edd

0001.jpg
0002.jpg
0008.jpg
0003.jpg
0004.jpg
0005.jpg
0006.jpg
0007.jpg

Back