Film Kodak announced its decision to sell the Personal Imaging Division

ajramirez

Hall of Famer
Name
Antonio
As part of its reorganization efforts under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code, Eastman Kodak has announced that it has put up for sale its Personalized Imaging and Document Imaging Divisions. The Personalized Imaging Division includes the traditional photographic products. They expect to complete the transactions by the first half of 2013.

Kodak Takes Next Steps toward Successful Emergence | Business Wire

End of an era.

Antonio

As part of its reorganization efforts under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code, Eastman Kodak has announced that it has put up for sale its Personalized Imaging and Document Imaging Divisions. The Personalized Imaging Division includes the traditional photographic products.

Kodak Takes Next Steps toward Successful Emergence | Business Wire

End of an era.

Antonio

Maybe they will sell to a company that wants to continue with the film.. One can at least hope that it won't be the end. And buy what film they need :)

Kodak has already sold off its digital sensor business (an ultimate mistake in my opinion). And now they're selling still-image film. Sad, but no surprise at this point. But...

Unless I'm mistaken, isn't Kodak pinning its hopes on printers? Not that I think such a strategy will work, mind you. But don't printers, ink and paper go together?

Meanwhile, where do we think the film business will go? Private equity? China? Eastern Europe?

Back