Film Showcase Kodak Ektar 100

Qppoiz

Regular
Mar 24, 2015
A couple of shots from the NJ Festival of Ballooning. The balloons fly out of Solberg Airport and land wherever the wind takes them.

Pentax 6x7, 105mm f2.4

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt

sesser

Regular
Nov 3, 2015
California
randy
Thanks Matt. My biggest challenge was slow shutter speeds and being too lazy to get out the tripod :) I do love the larger negatives though and the fact that I can get 15 shots on a single 120 roll.

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
Thanks Matt. My biggest challenge was slow shutter speeds and being too lazy to get out the tripod :) I do love the larger negatives though and the fact that I can get 15 shots on a single 120 roll.
I know what you mean ... Uhm, and you might try 16 shots next time (it's what you get on one roll of 120 film with 6x4.5) ;)

M.

sesser

Regular
Nov 3, 2015
California
randy
Uhm, and you might try 16 shots next time (it's what you get on one roll of 120 film with 6x4.5) ;)

M.
Perhaps I have a spacing issue, but with the power winder, I only got 15. There's ~6mm gap between images which would mean ~90mm of usable negative is being wasted. I wonder if this can be adjusted (easily).

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
Thanks @derelict and @randy - seems that the film advantage isn't as big as I thought it was. It's still considerable, but I get 13 6x6 images (usually) from my Pentacon Six (fully mechanical camera, nothing to prevent you from removiing the lens cap - and image "0" works fine, usually) ... but then, one little mistake when putting in the film, and you end up with frame overlap. That said, I was (and in a way, still am) extremely close to buying a whole Mamiya 645 Pro TL setup (four lenses, two backs, winder, AE prism) for $700 ... Not that I need another camera, to be sure ... But it's almost too good to be true (btw. there's a Super with three lenses, two backs, Polaroid back with two films, classic finder, AE prism and winder for $650 as well ... crazy, really).

M.

sesser

Regular
Nov 3, 2015
California
randy
Not that I need another camera, to be sure
There's always room for one more camera... it's only money, Matt. What else are you going to do with it? :)

Note about the Polaroid backs; a) film is expensive at ~$20 for 8 frames and b) doesn't even cover the entire film base. See: Polaroid Self I have one that came with my camera and at first, I was excited to maybe use it. But it seems a bit cost prohibitive and probably why you can find the Polaroid backs for cheap.

Latest threads

Top Bottom