• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Film Kodak revives Ektachrome at CES 2017

Mar 23, 2015
Interesting to see Kodak is bringing back Ektachrome -

Kodak Brings Back a Classic with EKTACHROME Film | CES 2017 Press Release | Kodak

Wonder if its the video rather than the stills that is driving this ?
Cost to develop slide film and the low exposure tolerance isn't necessarily the type of thing to attract new customers and keep them engaged. I hope they've crunched the numbers properly. I guess if they haven't actually dismantled the production lines it should be straightforward to recommission a production line and the capital investment in equipment has long since been recouped.

Maybe Kodachrome next ;-)

Mar 23, 2015
The appeal to nostalgia coupled with the rediscovery of ancient formats (vinyl, dead-tree books, film etc) makes for quite a nice video. The shots at the tail end look great - certainly a very different feel to Velvia.

Cerita

Veteran
Jul 24, 2017
Canada
Pics from inside the Ektachrome production line

Inside the facility where Kodak brings film back to life

Love the control room with all those CRT's - makes you wonder if there isn't a dusty Kodachrome production line waiting for someone to remove all the dust-covers from the kit and fire it up.
Very interesting! Did you have a look at the early Ektachrome test shots they released recently? It looks very promising!

Mar 23, 2015
Very interesting! Did you have a look at the early Ektachrome test shots they released recently? It looks very promising!
Yes, it looks good. More film variety can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I really hope Kodak can make a good go of this. Particularly with Fuji pulling back from the market.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom