Film Kodak revives Ektachrome at CES 2017

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Interesting to see Kodak is bringing back Ektachrome -

Kodak Brings Back a Classic with EKTACHROME Film | CES 2017 Press Release | Kodak

Wonder if its the video rather than the stills that is driving this ?
Cost to develop slide film and the low exposure tolerance isn't necessarily the type of thing to attract new customers and keep them engaged. I hope they've crunched the numbers properly. I guess if they haven't actually dismantled the production lines it should be straightforward to recommission a production line and the capital investment in equipment has long since been recouped.

Maybe Kodachrome next ;-)

The appeal to nostalgia coupled with the rediscovery of ancient formats (vinyl, dead-tree books, film etc) makes for quite a nice video. The shots at the tail end look great - certainly a very different feel to Velvia.

Pics from inside the Ektachrome production line

Inside the facility where Kodak brings film back to life

Love the control room with all those CRT's - makes you wonder if there isn't a dusty Kodachrome production line waiting for someone to remove all the dust-covers from the kit and fire it up.

Very interesting! Did you have a look at the early Ektachrome test shots they released recently? It looks very promising!

Very interesting! Did you have a look at the early Ektachrome test shots they released recently? It looks very promising!

Yes, it looks good. More film variety can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I really hope Kodak can make a good go of this. Particularly with Fuji pulling back from the market.

Back