Fuji Showcase Konica Hexanon 40/1.8

do you remember what aperture you shot these? This lens is pretty soft wide open.

These were shot at either f4 or f5.6

You are absolutely correct this lens is pretty soft wide open but I almost never shoot wide open so I don't see that as a problem, A lot of very good lenses are soft wide open. My Super Takumar 50/1.4 is not super sharp wide open, neither are my Rokkor 50/1.4 or Vivitar 28/2 all of which produce great results. OTOH my Olympus Pen-F 38/1.8 is pretty sharp wide open and I hardly every reach for it.

I know some folks really need it sharp wide open and if that's your thing the Hex 40 is not it. That said, I really like what it can do.

Hi
I have some Konica hexanon lenses, but I haven´t found a adapter that works. I have 2 Konica Hexanon AR to Fujix adapters from rainbowimaging and they both are so "tight", that you hardly can turn the apature-ring on the lens - any ideas ??

I had the same problem, I found that the Fotosay adapters that rainbow imaging sell are waaaaay to tight. I ordered a Neewer adapter from Amazon and it works great.

Truly lovely Mr.D....and I knew they were yours straight away it's a lovely lens, though I only ever tried it with a sony E mount.

Truly lovely Mr.D....and I knew they were yours straight away �� it's a lovely lens, though I only ever tried it with a sony E mount.

Well hello there, what are you doing around these parts? I thought you had moved to an OM something or other. :cool:
I liked the Hex 40 quite a bit on the NEX but I think it's quite possible I like it even more on the Fuji. There is something about the combo that really seems to work for me, especially for B&W. I have spent a lot of time playing a variety of legacy glass and the rather humble Hex 40 keeps finding its way back to my camera(s). That said, the OM 28/3.5 is starting to demand some attention too.

15102536274_0eb1685840_b.jpg

Climbing Out
by dixeyk, on Flickr

I love your work with legacy glass, it definitely stands out to me.

I jumped into m43 briefly but started getting 'paid' assignments:- family portraits, weddings etc so I now have a couple of D800's and some lenses. Its fine, but i miss having a smaller format for personal use. SO i'm considering an XE2/35mm as I used to have the XPRO and loved it. At this point I'm trying to work out what will suit my needs best.....and I keep changing my mind or seeing other options!!

I love your work with legacy glass, it definitely stands out to me.

I jumped into m43 briefly but started getting 'paid' assignments:- family portraits, weddings etc so I now have a couple of D800's and some lenses. Its fine, but i miss having a smaller format for personal use. SO i'm considering an XE2/35mm as I used to have the XPRO and loved it. At this point I'm trying to work out what will suit my needs best.....and I keep changing my mind or seeing other options!!

:eek: thanks for the compliment...that means a lot coming from you (I love your stuff).

I'd love to see what kind of magic you would make with and SE2 and a 35 (although I would have guessed you'd go with a longer focal length).

I've had one of these for a long time but would need to buy an adapter for the X-E1. I think I'll give it another try on the A7R though. I remember it being incredibly sharp.

Ah, that's useful to know. Can you tell me the front filter size? I'll raid my bits box for a hood (30 years of accumulated photographic detritus) or get a new one.

Back