L-Mount L-mount pictures, open thread

Leica L-Mount cameras and lenses
Every time i open this thread I feel the urge to buy an S5 or S5ii, lol.

Great , beautiful work, and processing, Paul.

You can get an S5 now for very little money. Or even an S1. I picked up a used S1R last week for just over £900. Bargain. 91p per gram; or £19 per Mp !
yep. And currently the S5ii is bundled with the 14-28 and 20-60 , the 14-28 works out to be a free lens.

Edit - actually, in some ways the S1r could make sense for my setup.

Last edited:
yep. And currently the S5ii is bundled with the 14-28 and 20-60 , the 14-28 works out to be a free lens.

Edit - actually, in some ways the S1r could make sense for my setup.
The S1R is an interesting camera. It’s big and heavy but its ergonomics are very good. The EVF is superb, as is the rear dual-axis tilting screen. The shutter sounds so sweet and the IBIS is even better than on the S5, which is pretty amazing already. It’s also packed with features and configurability so if you’re the geeky type it’ll fit your mindset well.

For legacy MF lenses it’ll work very well since you can adapt almost anything to it and it’s got great focus peaking and magnification. It’s also got good focus bracketing and stacking so I imagine it’ll make a great macro camera.

Finally, the sensor gives very good resolution, tonality, and DR at base ISO so it makes a very good landscape camera. But it’s not so good as you raise the ISO. The 24Mp cameras (S5/S1) are much better at that.

L1100545-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Little dose of Spring ....

Back